• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98' Jeep XJ classic $950

furweln84

NAXJA Forum User
I just want to get the Jeep out of here. I'm moving and I don't have the room at the new house.
First of all, this is a two wheel drive (2wd) XJ. It was going to be my next project, but like I said, no more room.

Most everything on it is stock, with the exception being the olympic rear bumper which is like a double square tube bumper, as youll see in the pics. It has no front bumper or end caps. the Jeep has 138,xxx miles on it.

I have the title for the Jeep, no problems there.

1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ "classic" edition
Specs:

4.0 six cylinder which runs very nice. I put a serpentine belt, some new rad hoses, some new sensors and other misc. parts on it not too long ago. The engine has been well maintained.

aw4 auto transmission, 2wd version.... professionally rebuilt about a year ago.

dana 35 rear with 3.54 gears. The rear brakes are not working because I plugged the port ar the prop valve. the rear brakes are also partially disassembled.

front axle: 2wd version. still uses XJ brakes and etc. The front brakes are in working order, so driving it up onto a trailer is possible, even though the rear brakes arent working currently.

15x7 factory Jeep aluminum wheels. These are a slightly darker shade of grey than the usual wheels.

235/75/15 Kelly safari awr's with great tread

other features of interest:
a/c, cd, power seats and windows that work, decent interior, excellent body. I will also throw in a TJ dana 30 axle housing with newer spicer 3.73 gears (housing and gears only).

I'm asking $950 for the whole thing.
Youll need a trailer to haul it with, because the rear brakes arent assembled. It rolls and drives (like around the driveway) but its not safe to drive on the street because of the current state of the rear brakes.

Located in Charleston, WV.
No shipping, and no parting out at this time. If you're interested, try and PM me and send me an email at [email protected]

Pics below:

rocketqueen008.jpg

rocketqueen012.jpg

rocketqueen004.jpg

rocketqueen016.jpg

rocketqueen019.jpg

rocketqueen023.jpg

rocketqueen039.jpg

rocketqueen014.jpg

rocketqueen033.jpg

rocketqueen017.jpg

rocket.jpg

If I only had a way of getting it here I would take it. What a deal on a nice XJ. good luck.

Puma297 said:
email sent... I'm coming to get it next weekend!

Not sure if weve been talking on email or PM here, but for the record, no one as of yet is confirmed to be coming to get the Jeep this weekend or any weekend for that matter.

Wow that XJ is beautiful. I'd sure spend the time making it a 4x4. Heck of a deal. Cannot you piece it together and sit it on the street until you have more time for it?

Big Red said:
Wow that XJ is beautiful. I'd sure spend the time making it a 4x4. Heck of a deal. Cannot you piece it together and sit it on the street until you have more time for it?

I was planning on building it as another toy, but the a CJ5 and another XJ that are both already built up, I don't really want to do it. Not to mention the limited space Ill have after the move im getting ready for.

Just to update everyone - I have a potential buyer for the Jeep, if it doesn't work out, Ill post up that it is still available. Ive been trying to keep it fair and go in order of who contacted me first.
thanks.

Last edited:
Back