• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IAT Sensor Relcation and Code p0113 (yes i searched)

CommandoXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
Recently I relocated my IAT sensor from the manifold to the cold air box like in this tech article.
http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/IAT_sensor.html

seemed to go fine... no rough idle/rough running or anything, the jeep kept going and all seemed good.

but earlier today i went in for emissions testing and they gave me a trouble code of p0113...

the description of the code that i got was:
P0113 Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Sensor Circuit High Voltage

so whats the deal? it doesnt look like i crossed any wires or screwed anything up...

the only thing i can think of is this.... when i was finished with the "surgery" i had forgot to plug the IAT sensor back in; i got the CE light and shut the car off and plugged it back in. the next 2 or 3 times i turned the car back on i got the CE light even with it plugged back in but it went away.
i had assumed it had just cleared itself after a while of realizing the IAT sensor was back. that was my 0.02$... but it looks to me now that it could be worth less then that. ;/

if anyones got any idea whats up lemme know.

Commando, OBD II codes will stay in memory until cleared, even if the problem is fixed. Try disconnecting the battery for about 15 minutes. That should clear it.

When I do this, I disconnect the positive and hold it to ground for several minutes. Don't know if this is necessary, but a guy in our local club said it should be done this way.

After disconnecting the battery to clear the codes you'll get a code for the battery voltage being low so your back to square one. Also there's something called "readyness (sp?) codes". I think they're restored after a certain driving procedure is followed or a longer period of normal driving.

JoBo

ok... now im getting 12 and 55 from the 'key trick'
12 is... battery was disconnected
55 is end of codes right?

ive driven around a bit and i still get 12, 55. does that mean the other problems are gone or does it mean my jeep hasnt been driven enough to find the other problems again? and how long till i stop getting code 12?

CommandoXJ96 said:
ok... now im getting 12 and 55 from the 'key trick'
12 is... battery was disconnected
55 is end of codes right?

ive driven around a bit and i still get 12, 55. does that mean the other problems are gone or does it mean my jeep hasnt been driven enough to find the other problems again? and how long till i stop getting code 12?

So what I said was exactly what happened. I don't know how many drive cycles it takes to clear the 12 but yes, 55 is end of codes.

JoBo

Back