• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trail schedule

jeepxjga

NAXJA Forum User
heres my "proposed" trail schedule, let me know what you all think about it

Trail - to - trail

Class A:
1) Gravel Roads easy A
2) 4-3-4 easy A
3) 4-5 easy/moderate A
4) 4-3-4-5 easy/moderate A
5) 4-8-4-5 moderate A
6) 4-8-4-6 difficult A

Class B:
1) 5-4-6 moderate B
2) 5-4-8-4 moderate B
3) 5-4-8-4-5 moderate B
4) 5-4-8-6 difficult B

Class C:
1) 6-4-8-4-5 easy/moderate C
2) upper 2-4-6 moderate C
3) upper 2-4-8-6 moderate C
4) 4-8-9-8-4-6 difficult C

Class D:
1)White Knuckle Broken Parts Surprise Runs

just let me know what ya'll think about it. thanks guys!

sounds like a plan...

now where is gonna be the staging area/ meeting spot for these groups all @ one location or different spots?...

well i figured we could just stagger the times that everyone leaves from crawfords by 15 minutes every group or so and that should give everyone enough time so that we don't all get backed up in one spot.

jeepxjga said:
well i figured we could just stagger the times that everyone leaves from crawfords by 15 minutes every group or so and that should give everyone enough time so that we don't all get backed up in one spot.

oh so crawford camp is the "staging area"

how big do you think the groups will/ should be..

what about direction of travel coordination on the trails w/in the different groups (i know/think other orv users will be there & wouldn't really apply to this). i was thinking bout how difficult it can be @ times to pass a met vehicle on the trails there, much less trying to get one large group of rigs past another group..

i'm really not trying to nit-pick but in the case such as myself if i wanted body damage from another vehicle id enter into a crash up derby.. trail damage i can stomach but vehicle to vehicle contact gets under my skin..

:)

At the time we are going to be riding there will be very little other traffic..Sat. we might but we usually run with groups of 7 -12 and have not major problems passing. We try and work the schdules to where you stop at turn outs not on the trial. And most trails have turnouts along the way for passing purposes.

yea that sound good on the trail schedule rating I would be on (C-1 or 2)
jeeping31

How's about assigning some leaders to the proposed runs. I know it's not far off and I for one am wondering what's up. Do we have enough volunteers for leaders yet?

Sean

Well I would say Hard core and high mod are covered...what we really need a low mad and beginner leaders...

I'd be glad to lead a beginner trail one day if no one else will.

<edit> My ole lady will be grateful if I don't take her up 11 or 12 again without warning her or offering narcotics <edit>

Okay so if Woody take beginner on Thru. and I will have them on Sat morning going over to Lower 2...We just need someone for Fri.

Well, this is what I see so far.

Carpenter- will lead easy or hard, wants to lead slickrock or schoolbus

Matt99XJ- will also lead easy or hard

Woody, will lead easy but he's hard

Kudzu- lead easy on Sat. to lower 2

Me- will lead mod to hard- preferably hard. I'm not super familiar with the trails, but how hard is it to read a map of such a small area.

jeepxjga is going to lead something also I assume

Sean

I'll lead a group Friday and/or Saturday if needed. I am planning on weighing my options at the bottom of Lower #2 on Thursday (keeping fingers crossed for dry weather).

Back