• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bank one system rich/lean

bj-666

NAXJA Forum User
just finished a motor swap. ran good for a few days now it's throwing codes had um check it at autozone and it said (1) bank one system lean (2) bank one system rich. the guys there at autozone where kinda useless when i asked them what they thought would cause the prob. any ideas.

i havn't checked the bolts but i did hose it down with starter fluid and no change in rpm so i dont' think there is a vacume leak.

anyone every have a prob boring out the tb and it cauing improper vacume reading on the map sensor?

anyone have any clever ways to check for vac leaks i've sprayed down the intake with starter fluid in a hops that the rpm's will jump up but no luck. it throws a code 51 which is a rich running condition. as of now i'm pretty sure it's either a map sensor or upstream o2 sensor anything else you guys could add or ways to narrow down the prob.

unplug all the vacuum hoses and plug the holes in the manifold. Leave just the map sensor connected. That's how I checked mine without a vacuum guage. Once it ran fine with just the MAP sensor connected I started plugging vacuum hoses back in one at a time, until I found the one that made the engine erratic. Then I started checking plastic lines/fittings in that branch of the system.

Back