• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vibration at idling

guther66

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '95 cherokee and have replaced the stock motor mounts with M.O.R.E. mounts and of course I got a little more vibrations. This last month though at idling, I'm starting to get more vibrations that some time will shake the rearview mirror. It varies in the amount of vibration at each stop, sometimes it almost nothing to like what I stated before. It goes away when I put it into neutral. Does any one have any idea of what this could be? Thanks

mine does the same thing. It's cause it idles so low while stopped in Drive. It shakes alot around 500 rpm and when I put it in nuetral it goes back up to 750 rpm. Once i put the cherry bomb on it got worse. I just dont even worry about it now

try tightening the motor mount bolts, i have the same mounts and they started to make it shake like yours did. then i noticed that the bolts were coming loose,i tightened them up, no more shaking(besides the normal)

I checked all the bolts to the motor mounts, block, etc...and all were still tight. The excess vibrations stopped for a few days but are back. Does anyone else have any ideas of what it could be? I just read tomcambell cause with the fan clutch, I'm going to check that but I'm not entirely sure how to tell if its bad unless its really loose. Thanks for your time in reading this and repling.

Mine kinda does that (I have the MORE mounts too). I just always assumed it was the 4.0 having a good day or a bad day :). Sometimes it idles differently than other times depending on temperature and everything else.

I just like to think that my trusty 4.0l is so powerful it shakes the jeep! :)

Back