• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Compartment Wiring Harness Question

oldbill

NAXJA Forum User
Was looking today as what it would take to pull my heater blower motor and clean out the nest some critter built in there. Anyone have any idea of how it might have gotten in there, was either a field mouse or Chipmunk. While looking at the large harness that runs along the firewall and then splits into 2 harnesses, one goes into the interior the other continues along the passenger fender. Near the point where they spit is a small diameter lead coming off with a small plug on it. I can't remember if it was a 2 or 3 connector plug. Does anyone have an idea of what it is for? Can't seem to see anywhere where it might plug in.
Thanks,
Bill

Was looking today as what it would take to pull my heater blower motor and clean out the nest some critter built in there. Anyone have any idea of how it might have gotten in there, was either a field mouse or Chipmunk. While looking at the large harness that runs along the firewall and then splits into 2 harnesses, one goes into the interior the other continues along the passenger fender. Near the point where they spit is a small diameter lead coming off with a small plug on it. I can't remember if it was a 2 or 3 connector plug. Does anyone have an idea of what it is for? Can't seem to see anywhere where it might plug in.
Thanks,
Bill

Sounds like the underhood light connector.

Do you have an underhood light? Fastened to the hood on the passenger side.

I thought that was it might be, but my light is missing. Going to need to talk with someone of the local salvage yards.

Alot of people remove those lights because they don't work. Don't work because the Mercury switch and its contacts corrode.

If you are going to go without a light, you should tape up the end of the connector securely and tie off the harness. That light gets its power from the Ignition Off Draw (IOD) fuse in the PDC and it is hot all the time.

Always give your year -- they are different.

My '93 came with the wiring and connector but no light. I added the light but usually keep it disconnected except on trips.

Back