• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

200,000 Miles. Just popped the cherry!

Dark93

NAXJA Forum User
Damn, I love my XJ! My rig has never let me down even once. Gas, Oil, Tires, and the occasional toy. That's all it took to make it to 200,000 miles. There is no sludge, no leaks and it runs like an XJ. Anyway, now that it's broke in, I'm gonna put what I have learned from everybody here, into my XJ. My membership fee was a wise investment, almost as much as my XJ! Here are the pics! (avatar in the making)

AUT_2070.JPG

AUT_2072.JPG

Take a weekend and do ALL your sensors and injectors. I was just over 300,000 when #3 injector stayed open and wiped the #3 cylinder, up till then it was a strong running motor, super maintained and well treated.

RichP said:
Take a weekend and do ALL your sensors and injectors. I was just over 300,000 when #3 injector stayed open and wiped the #3 cylinder, up till then it was a strong running motor, super maintained and well treated.
that blows, i hope to get mine close to that.

Hard to foresee an injector doing that, 300,000, very impressive. Keep the tips coming. Just stay on top of maintenance, these things can last. I plan on going through it one system at a time replacing anything old and worn (electrical,plumbing, ect.) 3 inch lift, bigger tires, exhaust manifold are a few off my list of soon to be add-ons. I have been talking to a friend about a nitrous setup to spray my cold air filter with, estimate around 50hp depending on the amount. Daily driver 80/20 off-road. I've seen alot of cool stuff that can be done,but, I want to use a choice few mods.

Dark93 said:
I have been talking to a friend about a nitrous setup to spray my cold air filter with, estimate around 50hp depending on the amount.

That will shorten the life span depending how much you use (abuse) it.

Back