• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moab naxja event next Oct

XJensen

NAXJA Forum User
So is anyone planing on going from the Sierra chapter?

Ill be there. Not sure if ill drive the jeep out or tow but either way im not going to miss it.

This will be my first time out there and i hope to see some other Sierra folks out there

I am planing on being there come hell or hi water. I am now planing on a tow rig, as i dont have a tow rig now. I will have one early 2013 so i can get my junk down there.

now i need a tow rig. driving to utah and back in my junk seems like too much work.

Man, I never tow my Jeep any where, I drive it to Oregon, Washington, Nevada, SoCal, daily to work, you name it. Went to Moab a few months ago...decided what the heck, lets trailer it, stupid trailer broke in Utah and cost me 1,000 bucks to fix it. I ended up driving 700 miles round trip the rest of the way to Moab and then picked up the trailer on my way home. LoL. Never again...I'm driving my junk next time.

Mary & I are in.

Not sure how we are getting there, drive or tow, her XJ, my XJ or both, we have done all the above in the past. We have used an RV at Slickrock, a motel on the main street and a condo on the south end of town. Each has it's own advantages.

but we are in for another trip to Moab!

I am a definite maybe for this trip. I really want to go, just have to see how it all pans out. I would love to carovan and take a couple dyas getting there vs. the all nighter I did last time.

Maybe drive to Vegas, stay the night and drive the rest the next day.

Not sure if I will have a tow rig, if not, I heard sending the rig over by train to Salt Lake is an option. Gonna look into that too.

I can do a definite maybe too. I will drive most likely as I don't see the Focus doing that well as a tow rig. :roflmao:
This is a week long event I hope. :thumbup:

i like the vegas idea. I just figure if the XJ has to drive for 18+ hours then i better haul a trailer full of spare parts cuz the jeep is going to hate life.

i like the vegas idea. I just figure if the XJ has to drive for 18+ hours then i better haul a trailer full of spare parts cuz the jeep is going to hate life.

Maybe we can rent a double trailer? It would be worth it to split the cost and not worry about breakage

I found single trailers for $300 a week

Well i think i would need a goose neck for that though

Last edited:
dude I would have no problem paying for more than half the trailer rental .

I'm coming from Indiana, 1500 miles! It'll be nice to see some of the guys from the west coast who I have harassed over the years! :D

Totally In.. It's gonna be a 30/30 for me!

Link to event?

Anyone know how much it'd cost to rent a trailer? My dad has a F350 T/D... but I'm guessing he'd want to bring his TJ there.

Back