• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid axle swap into XK Commander

Da XJ nut

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I put this on the XJ side already, I've just come across a smoking deal on a 06 commander 4.7 2wd. Looking to make it a 4wd and make the XK a overland vehicle. I have a rolled 97 ZJ that I got the entire drive train from and the seats, console, shifters, ECM, fuel tank, steering box, all hard lines fuel and brake including M.C...I have 2 lifts, welder and some light equipment for fab work. Ideas anyone ???? B.T.W. I'm an instructor for a automotive class so I have students for help too. It helps that my background is heavy in electrical diagrams and some minor harness mods for another project. :explosion

I think im going to pass on the deal I found. 500 bucks is a great price to buy it just to drive as is but not convert it. I have found WJ's for similar money that I think I will pursue... thanks for looking anyway guys

Back