• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disconnecting A/C Lines?

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Quick question for you guys. I'm in the process of pulling the HVAC unit out of my 99' XJ. The A/C system is drained and everything is unhooked except the 2 A/C hardlines going into the fire wall.

I've removed the retaining clips from them, but I still can pull them loose. Is there a trick that I'm unaware of or should I just pull harder on them?

sawzall.gif

It's an emoticon of a dude with a sawzall. Not very helpful, but then again my first instinct was to say "heat it up with a torch and wack the crap out of it with a BFH" so I'm not really any better... :D

It's held on with flare nuts right? Mine came right apart as soon as I pulled those off. If you're just dumping the whole setup anyways, I say sawzall it like RCP suggested.

It's an emoticon of a dude with a sawzall. Not very helpful, but then again my first instinct was to say "heat it up with a torch and wack the crap out of it with a BFH" so I'm not really any better... :D

It's held on with flare nuts right? Mine came right apart as soon as I pulled those off. If you're just dumping the whole setup anyways, I say sawzall it like RCP suggested.

Got ya...LOL. I wish it were that easy! However I'm reusing the HVAC system from the 99' XJ on my MJ.

Where are these "said" flare nuts?

I don't have anything that new, but I was under the impression they used spring-lock connections on the hoses. They require a special "spring lock removal" tool to separate they without damage.

I'll see if I can find a link/ picture of 'em....

Factory Air A/C SPRING COUPLING TOOL

Part No. 59652
Warranty: 1 YEAR REPLACEMENT IF DEFECTIVE
$8.19

Back