• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to find & contact potential chapter members

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
OK, this topic has come up a few times.

The big question is other than by osmosis how do we find, locate, and advise other national NAXJA members living in Texas Louisiana and Oklahoma, that they are about to have a local chapter they can join?

Short of some direct help from the National group and the guy that maintains the Website and or membership data base, I see only one other choise, and that is by word of mouth person to person, its called NETWORKING!

So unless the national guys do decide they can (are able to) and want to help us with a list or a one time PM notice to the members in these 3 states to check out the new forum here (big hint!), (non of which do I expect to happen, for several reasons....), then it is up to us to do the leg work and network buddy to buddy here to get the word out! So start PMing the folks you know directly and get them to PM others.

We have already gone from less than a dozen here (took several, like 4 weeks ?) just to get 13 paying members to sign up to get this forum started. Now we are up to maybe 50 (users and members) that have checked in just 10 days here thanks to networking here.

A few more weeks like this and we could easily have a lot more on board. I am already impressed with the last weeks activity here.

I know it sounds kinda lame but I have been PMing anyone, whether I know them or not, whose location in the top right corner of their post says they reside in one of the 3 states we need members from.
Surprisingly I have recruited about half a dozen that way. (been ignored by twice that many) But that is what Ecomike is refering to I think.

mikeforte said:
I know it sounds kinda lame but I have been PMing anyone, whether I know them or not, whose location in the top right corner of their post says they reside in one of the 3 states we need members from.
Surprisingly I have recruited about half a dozen that way. (been ignored by twice that many) But that is what Ecomike is refering to I think.

Thats what I'm talking about! :banghead:

Actually I was refering to people we have chatted with already that would recognize our AKAs. You just have entirely too much time on your hands. :laugh2:

But what the hell, your getting results! Did you find Ralph too, member number 149? In the end getting a chapter for a huge area like this really going is a numbers game.

Sorry if the above link will not work for ya...still working out the bugs with the google.

Kudzu said:
Sorry if the above link will not work for ya...still working out the bugs with the google.

After I logged into to my google account [SIZE=+1]( [email protected] ) I got a message that I did not have permission to access that account (or spreadsheet). Who was the link meant for? [/SIZE]

Its a published doc on google...i'll go work on it some more and see if I missed something..

Local clubs are where its at, Dallas TX4WD has 6 XJ members. I have asked the club to put a notice on the state board as well.

Ecomike said:
Thats what I'm talking about! :banghead:

Actually I was refering to people we have chatted with already that would recognize our AKAs. You just have entirely too much time on your hands. :laugh2:

But what the hell, your getting results! Did you find Ralph too, member number 149? In the end getting a chapter for a huge area like this really going is a numbers game.

Yes I found Ralph using that method. And my time is going to be a little less for awhile due to real estate issues.
On another subject: LSJC and TJC are both places where I post so I'll post up an announcement of our "proposed" chapter.
Mike

Found several XJ owners on those two websites mentioned earlier. Found that Extankerguy had preceeded me on the LSJC site but went ahead and posted up a more detailed explanation. I then went thru their member roster and anyone who had an indication in their screen name that they were an XJ owner got a PM from me giving them a heads up. Did the same on the Texas Jeep Corp but they had no post from anyone that I could find. I did the same thing there. So now we have to sit back and see if we get any fruit from my labor.
Mike

Yes XJosh I am an LSJC too I am BlueXJ on there. Tried to contact as many people as I could find. Glad you found us.

Back