• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Central Location, Meetings, and other stuff

BIgDaddyChia

RRC Organizer
OK seeing that like most of the other clubs I am in, everyoen seems to be in Dallas or Houston, we need to figure a central meeting spot. Now some one mentioned Waco, Howevere Dalls is only 1 1/2 hours from waco and Houston is about 5 1/2 hours. Austin is near the same distance for both. Or we can do a meet some where off 45. Makes no difference to me. Now. Do you guys want to do quarterly meetings. And do you want the meetings to be like a get to gether at a restraunt some where. Do you want to do weekend trips somewhere. Lets here some ideas

I'm liking the Nac area thing, but thats just me. I don't think we will need quarterly meetings as most of our business can be conducted here.

I think we'd be better off (at least at first) just having informal meetings at outings and events. Perhaps local meet n greets are in order in Houston and Dallas once we are up and running.
Maybe it's just me, but I can't see driving 4 hours to go to a meeting and not wheeling.

I'm onboard with the Nacogdoches site. I've got an aunt and uncle in Woden so it would work out great for me.

For the record, Shiloh Ridge is only about 30 minutes from Nacogdoches, so would could meet and wheel at a central location.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Shiloh Ridge, so it might suck.

I will be going to Shiloh Ridge or Gilmer in the middle of July with a local jeep club. We (the local club girlfriend and I) just went a few weeks ago to the Trees Twister 4, this event happens every Memorial Day Weekend. Which is at Trees Ranch near Rock Springs. We had a Blast!!

- Scott

damn couldnt tell anyone brandon. Heading to dallas on the 14th to see bad religion and pennywise, but i'll try and head out there on sunday....assuming i dont have to work

That sir, is crazy talk.

shiloh ridge isn't bad, its my local stomping grounds, lemme know and i can take yall on a few good hours of rock crawling, and all the mud you wanna mess with

Jeepxj94 said:
I can't see Driving 4-8 hours just for a meeting. Especailly how much gas is now a days.

- Scott
Crap, how do you think it is for most of the guys in the Midwest Chapter? Chicago? Geez...

as it is I live FOUR hours west of DFW

Maybe we can have an unofficial meeting and put some faces to names in Gilmer on July 15th, seeing how a few of us are gonna be there already.

Back