• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2018 CRAWL to do list

Win the lottery , cash is super tight this year, the token red YJ might not make it up this tear

Buy trailer
Change oil

Trying to keep the list small this year.

Trailer acquired and tested.

33864196_10104202681020707_2503049409021870080_o.jpg

That being said, new list:
1. Replace the fuel pump that seems to be overheating DONE
2. Install winch bumper, tire carrier, and rock sliders that are kinda sitting on my front porch
3. Tint the windows.... it's more of a preference thing
4. Build a trail box and stock it
5. Make the A.C. work
6. Maybe hit LBL for a test run

Well, getting a replacement engine in the Commander this week and won't likely be able to sell it off before the Crawl, so I may use it as a tow rig again this year...so...tow rig acquired...

Fixed the yukon hub. I'm an idiot and had the "handle" to lock it installed wrong. Also finished the shift cable so the MJ is as ready as she will be.

Also had the engine fan hub bearing/bracket assembly replaced (bad bearing...real bad) and valves adjusted on the Cummins so it's ready to

T-minus 27 days till we leave the despair that is Florida. :D

I have one cromo axle shaft on the rear and one not. If I get the time and cash I'll make the other one cromo too. Other than that I'm ready to load up and go.

Well, I guess I better figure out if we will have the new tow rig yet and which Jeep we will take.

Either of them will need a little work but my kid would like to take her stocker on an adventure. That would mean easy trails but if it keeps her interested in it as a hobby I'm in!

Well, I guess I better figure out if we will have the new tow rig yet and which Jeep we will take.

Either of them will need a little work but my kid would like to take her stocker on an adventure. That would mean easy trails but if it keeps her interested in it as a hobby I'm in!

Bring it! Plenty to do with a stock jeep there.

Fix my windshield wipers
Check the rear Lock-Rite locker to see why it's making noise
Change oil
Replace rear spring eye bushing
Install new transmission crossmember
Install 97-01 mirrors
Drive it to be sure it will make the trip - it's been sitting for almost 2 years

I got the wipers working today.
I also got new tags for it. I still need to reactivate the insurance and then I can drive it some.

And decided to upgrade to a new stronger rear diff cover...I ruined the factory 14B cover last year and put a parts store $35 replacement on it...I figured I'd match the front and got a SOLID one to put on this week.

Also since we bent the rear driveshaft last year and put in the spare/new one...I had the bent one fixed so we have a spare rear again.

Just some bonus stuff...taking her out Father's Day weekend for Jeep Ranch in Wildwood.

To do:
-Throw my tent and cooler into Rob's truck. Wow life's easy when you're not driving your jeep down.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Hook up e-brakesWire trailer lights and brakes
Clean out my tow truck
Install front bumper plus winch
Fab rear bumper into place
Adjust boostwerks shifter
Run over all bolts on rig to double check considering this is a new rig
Install on board air
Get beadlocks to quit leaking
Get spare tires mounted
Change transfer case fluid...
The list will probably go on

You need to post a bigger picture!

Don't tempt me!

Did the song and dance with NC DMV last week, trailer is now street legal.

Oil change and once over on the Jeep next weekend and it'll good to go. Well, as good as it can be.

My big dilemma is whether to run my Lock-Right as it with the chatter under power or swap back in the limited slip parts in the 8.8. I really don't want to tear it all apart this close to the event.

My big dilemma is whether to run my Lock-Right as it with the chatter under power or swap back in the limited slip parts in the 8.8. I really don't want to tear it all apart this close to the event.

I would leave it. Let some others that have ran them offer their advice on what you are hearing. Is this a used unit you installed? Bring the LS parts and if you want to swap it at the camp ground I know I'll gladly crawl under your jeep and help get is swapped.

If I recall correctly someone's 8.25 lunchbox locker stripped out right before we got to bald knob last year. Had to come down in 2WD. Probably a good idea to leave the LSD parts in the jeep just in case

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

I would leave it. Let some others that have ran them offer their advice on what you are hearing. Is this a used unit you installed? Bring the LS parts and if you want to swap it at the camp ground I know I'll gladly crawl under your jeep and help get is swapped.

Brand new Lock-Rite. If I can't get it swapped out, I'll bring along the LS parts just in case.

Back