• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Candidates for office

If you pronounce it "Tex Lock" it sounds kinda cool!

I am going to start a separate thread for Chapter name suggestions and discussion so we can keep this one focused on Candidates for office, should any others be foolish enough to volunteer and decide to post the resume here! LOL.:rolleyes:

I agree the Utah bylaws are a great find, and will be much easier to edit than the nationals, in fact the nationals were so not chapter bylaws that I think that is why we got so little input the first time around on discussion about them. Utah also has the favor of already being aproved by the national board.

goodburbon said:
Thats an interesting option.

While what we call ourselves is not as important as what the actual rules say, if it is in our bylaws it will have to be changed officially by the BOD later. While we've got the thing on the table (Bylaws) lets go ahead and make it complete, rather than amending them and the forum later.

I had been calling it Texla, but with the addition of ok I kept thinking TexLOk (pronounced Tex L'Oak)which doesn't seem to work as well.

BTW how is your edit of the bylaws coming? I am going to be loaded up at work today, and frankly once I saw the Utah Bylaws I abandoned my efforts at amending the national bylaws to fit a chapter.

No I am not a moderator yet (LOL), but lets keep the bylaws discussion in the bylaws thread please.

On the OK members, we have gotten no help from nationals on even getting a list of Texas members to contact directly. May have something to do with privacy issues and they just may not have the tools for sorting the list, or the time for that matter. Probably only one guy at nationals that could even do it, and he would be the NAXJA website guru! But I digress, lets move this discusion to a better thread as well.

mikeforte said:
I Pmed Ecomike about the bylaws and was hopeing to hear from him the first part of next week with a set to proof read before posting them up for general comments and revisions. As of a few minutes ago no word from him but he did say he had some deadlines that were fast approaching at his work.
BTW any luck with getting the Oklahoma members on board to increase the number of people who even know that we are trying to form this chapter. There is a roster of NAXJA members but that would take days to wade through. Was hopeing SeanR would have a list broken down by state that he could forward the Ok names to us. They need to be notified that they will be included in this chapter not the MWC.
Mike

I'm up for a position on the BOD. Usually, I have a lot of free time during my day since I work nights. Here's an idea for the name: TexOakLana.

-Scott

Back