• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built trail rig for sale

98classic

NAXJA Forum User
I just purchased this 91 xj a few months ago, but my financial situation has changed and I need to come up with some quick cash. Rig is located in Roanoke, VA.

White with black leather interior.
Pioneer AM/FM/CD
Sub box in rear for 8" sub (no speaker-if I find it you can have it)
New carpet
Center console with ZJ shifters
Runs 7" of lift with Long arms up front, leaf packs in back. Long arms were installed spring 2005 and the LCA frame mounts are still there. Uses a 5" coil and 2" spacer up front.

Bumpers front and rear swing away were custom built and are 1/4" plate. Rear has tire carrier, antenna mount, and license plate mount with light.
Flares are 4 rear TJ's, Front fenders and flares are cut, rears need cut. I have them but they are Not installed.

There is a homemade snorkle mounted outside, but the piping is not complete to the airbox. I have fittings and pipe to complete the project that go with the jeep.

Tires are 33x12.50 TSL Radials on 15x8 white wagons. One does have a plug, but does not leak at all. Spare is 33x10.50.
As a knuckle over steering system and RE trac bar that was moved up and over to compensate for the steering geometry changes.
Engine was NEW in 2000, Chrysler remaned unit installed by Hanover Dodge/Jeep. It currently has approx 22k on the engine. Transmission and t-case were remaned and installed at same time.
Has an SYE in rear and cv driveshaft.

Rear disc brakes from ZJ and functioning e-brake.

Dual diaphram brake booster and master cylinder from a 96 xj. Brakes work great. New calipers up front last month.

Odometer reads 107xxxk, please add 71k to that (Previous owner swapped out the gauges to get a tach).

Front and rear axles were rebuilt with new bearings and u-joints spring 2005.
Rear has an Auburn LSD.
Front is D30 high pinion, rear is 27 spline 8.25.
Windows were tinted, not the greatest job but acceptible.
Aux tranny cooler up front.
130/90 H4 headlight conversion with wiring harness. (YOU WILL BLIND PEOPLE)
Auxuliary lights front and rear.
Weather resistant CB radio.
Seperate Wiring harness installed for all accesories, fused and relayed.

4.0L Engine has run Synthetic since previous owner bought it and it runs LIKE NEW! Very Smooth. It does leak oil at the oil filter housing, but not a whole lot. You can get the o-rings at advance to correct.

Newer battery.
Rear tow hitch.
Front tow points.

Pretty much everything on the truck is either new or recently replaced.

Now the bad part...
Currently needs ball joints up front, a new johnny joint for the trac bar, and an alignment. It recently got a case of death wobble, and I just parked it.

The transfer case leaks at the back where the drive shaft hooks up. It doesn't leak fast, but it does leak and it spins onto the cat, so it smells pretty rough!

The rear cv driveshaft needs u-joints and a centering ball, as it recently got "angry sparrows".

Front swaybar is off the jeep. I have it, along with quick disco's. You would need to weld a tab onto the axle to hook them up. I've been using it as a trail rig, so I haven't worried about the swaybar.

Due to the no sway bars, and the need of ball joints, you will need to trailer this home.

I have $3500 in this thing, and would like to get as close to that as possible. So I guess asking price will be $3500 OBO. Please email me at [email protected], as I rarely get on the forums.

bigjeep5.jpg

bigjeep4.jpg

bigjeep3.jpg

bigjeep.jpg

P1010012-1.jpg

Back