• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Gates green stripe heater hose

GregGA

87 Laredo Galloping Ghost
Anyone use this? I need to replace a couple of straight heater hoses. This hose runs about $2.99 a foot, vs about $1.69 for "standard" hose.
Worth it? Thank you!

Its heater hose, how bad could it be?
Aside from sitting on the shelf so long that it's dry rotted.
Gates makes a quality product in my experience

Considering the importance of hoses to the cooling system, for only $1.30 more a foot, I'd buy the premium hose.

Considering the importance of hoses to the cooling system, for only $1.30 more a foot, I'd buy the premium hose.

That's probably why they charge $1.30 more a foot for it. I just used regular heater hose from Orielly's and it sat in my garage for about a year before I put it on. It has been on my Jeep for almost 2 years now with no problems.

Gates makes good stuff.

Just because I can, :eeks1:I am going to add a coolant filter. It will be down on the lower left frame rail, so I was starting to cheap out on the cost per foot because of the extra length involved. I tound a place on ebay that sells the green stripe for about $2.00 a foot, including shipping, so I will get that.

After 25 years of owning my Jeep, I figure I can splurge every now and then:heart:

AND thats why they sell premium shit, because suckers will buy it.
Ive had failures in damn near every part of a jeep cooling system.... Never on a peice of hose that I sourced.

AND thats why they sell premium shit, because suckers will buy it.
Ive had failures in damn near every part of a jeep cooling system.... Never on a peice of hose that I sourced.

Yeah suckers. I must be a sucker putting only quality parts on my Jeep. :gee:

Have fun buying your Duralast crap. :roll:

Got the hose in. Makes the generic hose I took off look like crap. It is indeed a premium product. Worth it if you have the time to find it.

Back