• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Booster upgrade has left me stranded

MitchXJ89

NAXJA Forum User
89 XJ Laredo

I’ll keep it short. Went to do the booster upgrade no lines i grabbed worked. Got the flare tool and now the fittings I swapped won’t catch threads in the rear port of the proportioning valve. Threads are ok and I haven’t forced any fitting in there. I’m going to order some lines and fittings. What are the sizes of the proportioning valve ports? I can’t find any info anywhere.

Thanks

Typically its 1/2" - 20 (located back bottom) for the rear and 3/8" - 24 for the front (located front proper and front bottom...).. the rear is larger because it has one dedicated valve and has less stopping power, the front should be duel 3/8" for more stopping power. The connections FROM the Master Cylinder are 1/2"-20 (top front) and 7/16"-24 (top back) Not sure if that will help. Hope so.

Last edited:
When I did mine a few weeks ago I swapped a wj booster and master cylinder and grabbed those lines as part of the assembly all from the junkyard. Then I cut the nut to the wj proportioning valve off and put my original nut on the line and reflared and done. One side is the nut from wj donor car and the other is from my original line. It worked great and super easy. That was using my original proportioning valve and just swapping internals.

When I did mine a few weeks ago I swapped a wj booster and master cylinder and grabbed those lines as part of the assembly all from the junkyard. Then I cut the nut to the wj proportioning valve off and put my original nut on the line and reflared and done. One side is the nut from wj donor car and the other is from my original line. It worked great and super easy. That was using my original proportioning valve and just swapping internals.
Yes sir... exactly

Back