• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tried out the TSL's today

TheInstaller

NAXJA Forum User
I met up with a couple friends in New Hartford to check out some trails that they know. These are legal state forest roads. We were having a great time until we came to a muddy area with a few big holes in the middle. I made it through without any problems (man I love the Super Swampers), my friend in his stock Taco slammed his way through it, and then the Land Rover buried himself in it. The attempts to pull him out resulted in twisting the crap out of his bumper, and partially breaking his tow point. Then we tried hooking the front of my Jeep up to the Taco and trying a 2 truck pull, but that resulted in my tow point snapping in 2. We finally decided the only way to get him out was backwards, and that is when another XJ showed up and did the honors. The twisted part of the bumper was completely torn off after the Rover was pulled back out.

Me going through a small rock section

Me going through the mud hole

Drew getting stuck in the mud

Full Photo Album

2991578890101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

2475560040101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

2523373180101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

2770068370101033819S600x600Q85.jpg

Brian Strickland said:
that looks like a 2wd forest rd around these parts.

I think they just went looking for mud to test the tires... forest roads make the best mud runs after some good rain....

I was in 2wd for just about everything. I used 4wd for the mud section, and a couple of hill climbs, but that was it. As matus2 said, this was a trial run for the tires. I wanted to make sure I didn't have any rubbing, and I wanted to check out the area for future light wheeling/fishing days.

Looking good Jeff! You'll have to stop by some time so I can see those things in person

34x9.50?

Ramsey said:

32x9.50 ... These are the wheels/tires Waterhammer was selling.

Keith, I'll stop by this week sometime. I went wheeling with Will, Phil, and Greg today.

good deal. I'm there everyday cept thurs and tommorow

i love my TSLs they got me all over big bear this weekend, they grab the edges of all the rocks and just climb right on up :D
31x10.50s
IM001025.jpg

Back