• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new 37's came today!!!

atowley

NAXJA Forum User
I got my Goodyear 37x12.50.15's today. Look awsome. I can't wait to get them mounted up tommorow. Great looking tire's... I'll snap a pic of the XJ sitting on them when they're on.

atowley said:
I got my Goodyear 37x12.50.15's today. Look awsome. I can't wait to get them mounted up tommorow. Great looking tire's... I'll snap a pic of the XJ sitting on them when they're on.

MTRs? Soly guy at the local Goodyear dealer told me that all Goodyear MT series tires were on military backorder and that he expected it to last until next year! :shocked:
Billy

I just got a set on the other night,...(sorry to hi-jack)

IM001495.JPG

Yep, MTR's alright. I called all around and did some snooping locally. Everyone said that they were on backorder also. No chance in getting them. Then I stopped at the local Ford dealer for the heck of it. They called a local warehouse in MN and they had 8 tires sitting on the shelf. Ordered up a set and picked them up the same day, 3 hours later...

atowley said:
Yep, MTR's alright. I called all around and did some snooping locally. Everyone said that they were on backorder also. No chance in getting them. Then I stopped at the local Ford dealer for the heck of it. They called a local warehouse in MN and they had 8 tires sitting on the shelf. Ordered up a set and picked them up the same day, 3 hours later...

Eh... you bought MTRs from the ford dealer??? I bet that coast a perty penny!
Billy

JeepFreak21 said:
Eh... you bought MTRs from the ford dealer??? I bet that coast a perty penny!
Billy

Nope, you would think so, but it didn't. I am a ford employee. I work at the Twin Cities Ranger plant. I get a discount on all Ford and related parts. It was their cost, plus ten percent. Came out to 199 a tire.

The hard ones to get are the 37x17 MT/Rs.
all the tire shops here in town have the 15" size.

the 15s are generally hard to get too. when the Iraq war was gearing up the military ordered many thousand 37x12.50r16.5 MTRs from Goodyear, and they shut down production of the 15s and 17s to make the 16.5s. Apparently they are starting up production again next month and the 15s and 17s will be back in mass before summer.

if your tire stores really do have lots of 37r15s, if you can get them at a good price you could turn around and sell them online for a profit. There are copies of reciepts floating around the web for $160, if they pricematch you could start a little business.

mad maXJ said:
the 15s are generally hard to get too. when the Iraq war was gearing up the military ordered many thousand 37x12.50r16.5 MTRs from Goodyear, and they shut down production of the 15s and 17s to make the 16.5s. Apparently they are starting up production again next month and the 15s and 17s will be back in mass before summer.

if your tire stores really do have lots of 37r15s, if you can get them at a good price you could turn around and sell them online for a profit. There are copies of reciepts floating around the web for $160, if they pricematch you could start a little business.

Can the general public get MTRs in a 37x12.50x16.5?

Also... anybody have a link to this reciept???

Thanks,
Billy

I cant imagine more of a hassle then trying to make $25/tire or so for something that big. But the local Discount Tire has them on hand. (37x15s)
I just bought some 37x17s. I waited a long time to find some. I got 5 for $1000 shipped. Full on retail but I really dont mind. The 37x17s are apparantly available, but they wont release them to retailers 'til the army or whoever says ok, we dont need them. This comes from the guy who sold me mine.

cherokeekid said:
my 35's (he might want the 37" bacK)
How much lift ya running to clear those 37's/35's? Im over here in Iraq right now and our maintance guys just ordered a crap load of SSR's for the hummers. I almost had a heart attack when a saw the stock pile of them things.

Ryan

Jeepin_rebel said:
How much lift ya running to clear those 37's/35's? Im over here in Iraq right now and our maintance guys just ordered a crap load of SSR's for the hummers. I almost had a heart attack when a saw the stock pile of them things.

Ryan

I'm at about 7-8" ttl lift, a bit of trimming (not near as much as others) the backspace on those wheels is 3 3/4-4" the wheels the 35" are on are 3.25-3.5 I'm gonna ditch those for some in the 4" range (gotta give the 37" back :bawl:- I thought he was crazy to trade in the first place! )

Back