• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy a Mopar Crankshaft Position Sensor online?

bmpweXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Having a hell of a time finding one online. needed for a '99 Auto 4.0, must be Mopar.

Also needs to be online... Car won't start and public transit is not working well after Sandy.

Suggestions? Thanks for the help!

Dumb person asking a question, but did you verify the sensor was dead first with a multi-meter?

http://moparonlineparts.com/

Truthfully, no. But It's got the classic symptoms and is stock at 125k mi., so it's time to go.

I'll be testing to be sure once it's out and the new one is in. Worst case scenario, I have a spare.

Dumb person asking a question, but did you verify the sensor was dead first with a multi-meter?

http://moparonlineparts.com/

So I visited the site you linked, but the only one listed was for a manual transmission. I was under the impression there seperate parts for the AX15 and AW4.

I looked at autozones site and found only one:
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...WD/_/N-jdmfiZ9gslr?itemIdentifier=364542_0_0_

Am I wrong?

EDIT: The factory service manual does not indicate if there's a difference, only that on the 2.5L engine, it's installed in a different spot.

Last edited:
I have a 2001 with auto and wanted to replace both the crankshaft position sensor and the camshaft position sensor with genuine Mopar parts.

I looked around several online places and based on several recommendations tried We R Mopar -- wermopar.com.

I looked at their website and got several hits for the parts, but no way of distinguishing *which* part was appropriate for my Jeep.

I called them and Jacob looked up the proper part numbers, as well as the availability of each part. He also explained how I could place the order on-line using the part numbers.

I placed the order on Wednesday and received the parts on Saturday -- very quick service!

I do suggest that you call them beforehand to confirm availability because the website does not show this information.

To play it safe you can always go to the dealer, they don't totally rip your arm off for this sensor. As for sensor longevity I have 215k on my stock 99 CPS. If you can't find one at any of those online mopar sites, I would deal with napa any day over autozone or advanced.

To play it safe you can always go to the dealer, they don't totally rip your arm off for this sensor. As for sensor longevity I have 215k on my stock 99 CPS. If you can't find one at any of those online mopar sites, I would deal with napa any day over autozone or advanced.

Agreed. Napa is always first, I just hate their website and perfer AZ's.

Why must it be Mopar?
I have had good luck with my NAPA replacement one.
Good luck!
Alot of people have had issues with non-mopar Crankshaft position sensors.

I too would like to know where to find a genuine Mopar crank sensor for a 93 XJ. Being from "down under" don't want to take a chance on a aftermarket one. And have read everywhere go OEM for crank sensor. If anyone knows of a place that sells Mopar OEM parts on line (and ship overseas) please let me know. Thanks

Back