• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any XM radio or Sirius satellite users here?

TC

NAXJA Forum User
Just widow shopping so far but it seems Sirius would be the way to go for two main reasons. First; the music is commercial free (one of the main reason for subscribing to a satellite radio network). Second; free home access on the PC. Sirius is three bucks more a month but worth it to me for the above reasons.
Any pros or cons for either one? Any users who would or would not reccomend it based on experienced? Gimmie a full report. TC

I am also looking to get satellite radio. XM now has commercial free music stations, and has for a few months.

also, according to the sirius website, it says you can now get it for about $10/month

so basically, their services are pretty comparable. IMO, it all comes down to the stations, and the type of music you like. you can test out both on their website for free.

based on my music preferances, XM is probably the way I am going to go

Talk to CHW out east....... he's got an XM in his XJ, and listened to the same station all the way to Moab.

niether xm nor sirrius is 100-percent commercial free, and both offer a certain percentage of commercial free channels.
most of the commercials are due to the fact that certain channels are audio feeds from television programming.

I was given xm as an xmas present.

I dig it.

I had a friend who switched about 4 or 5 months ago from XM to Sirius, at that time he said he like Sirius a lot more because they had more channels that were commercial free but that may have changed by now.

What about the free stream for the PC's? It would be nice to have the service in the house also, just upgrade the speakers. Is the reception steady while traveling, any dead areas? TC

I've got XM in my Cherokee and Suburban.. It's great! They recently went commercial free on all their music stations. No complaints..

Wade
2001 Cherokee
1991 Cherokee

I got sat. radio in Jan. and Love it. I went in to Best Buy to get the XM and ended up with the Sirius instead. I got the Audiovox system with a removable head unit that can go from car to car and in the house. I love the fact that I can play it on the computer at work (and tie up the internet,so says the computer Natzi.) I like the weather channel and Fox news. They also have enough music stations that there is ALWAYS something on to listen to. I also like the comedy channels.

Hmmm, sounds like they're both constantly changing a little bit. Looks like I'll just have to shop around and see what each is currently offering, thanks gang. TC

Back