• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 in a 2001 XJ

nope. weld on new perches, address e-brake, use flange adapter and go. if you currently have ABS dont expect it to work anymore though since the 8.8 ABS sensor is different

nope. weld on new perches, address e-brake, use flange adapter and go. if you currently have ABS dont expect it to work anymore though since the 8.8 ABS sensor is different

ok so thats what I meant the ABS sensor is that possible to make the ABS still work , Im buying a 2001 and want to swap the axles from my '93 into it thanks

I don't believe the ABS sensors on the 8.8 will work with your ABS system. If your 2001 is like my 1999 then you have an ABS sensor and tone ring at each wheel while the 8.8 has one at the ring gear.
When I installed my Dana 44, I moved the sensors and tone rings from the Dana 35 to the Dana 44 using this thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=998638

If you want to deactivate the ABS just pull the ABS relay and fuses in the fuse panel under the hood.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Back