• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

I have generator that's going to the dump next week . The reason is it broke the pull cord and sat the fuel got water in it and then it sat . The fuel in it is 7 years old so thus means the tank needs drained cleaned as does the carburator . It ran prior to the fuel .it's general storm boss 5500 watt with an 8500 surge 10hp motor. I don't have time to restore the unit and don't need it . So if anyone wants it let me know before it hits the dump .

Anyone whose had the front windshield out is there a sheet metal lip around the perimeter similar to the rear hatch glass ? I pulled the rear hatch glass and simply cut a sheet if lexan after reading the window over to the lexan then bolted it to the lip after drilling I plan to run a rubber gasket in there as well as get fancy bolts to replace the ones I had sitting around. I'd like to replace the front windshield with something that doesn't break like the stock which is already totaled and needs replaced it's so bad my knee was sinking into it from leaning on it while masking for paint . I can get a stock one slapped in cheap my rig is still has insurance and glass is free but I'd rather use lexan if it's a quick job like the hatch or at least reasonably quick .

Looking to do a little shake down run... is pole hill worth the drive, or should I stick with moody hill?
Upon GPS viewing of pole hill... it looks like I can go up near Carter and actually make it all the way to estes via pole hill rd... hit the loop and what not. Is there any challenging problems, or is it pretty much a 2wd run for a vehicle on 35s and a rear locker?

Last edited:
I have never run Pole Hill, I have seen it described as a great "beginner" trail. Also, last I heard, it is no longer a through route to Estes Park.

I have never run Pole Hill, I have seen it described as a great "beginner" trail. Also, last I heard, it is no longer a through route to Estes Park.

We did Pole Hill once, actually it was the first official run little dirty and I did with this group. Old Man lead the group we were in.

The 'trail' is a few miles before you get to Estes, and it starts on a county road called Pole Hill. The trail never gets close to the town of Estes Park, if I remember correctly.

From my house in Loveland GPS says to go to estes then down 36 to get to the trail head. Also looks like pole hill road goes goes all the way to flatiron res? Doesn't look like a tough road, but probably much longer route

The Dodge has ruined my labor day weekend wheeling plans ...lol ... Got home yesterday pulled the driver side hub/knuckle and proceeded to press out the upper BJ took about 5 minutes then the *"$#@ lower ...took about 3 hours and what I didn't realize was the entire c-clamp bowed from the force needed to pop out the old Lower so it would not press the new ball joint in . I have xrf ball joints the lowers are knurled I went to oriellys to find ones like stock that are smooth as they should go in easier but even their moogs and China joints were knurled .. So I needs a another clamp and will have wait until next home time to finish the Dodge which is labor day weekend , so no wheeling .

I'm thinking of putting the joints in dry ice as well that should shrink them enough to make it easier. I never had a damn balljoint fight me like these...lol , they SUCK.

Thanks for having me. Ive known about you guys for a while, just never stopped by. Anyway,

My 96 xj was stolen in colorado springs on September 3rd or 4th.

It's teal (color code jade) and it has smittybilt xrc front bumper (no winch yet) and rear tire swing and the IRO otk steering kit with jks quick discos. 33" duratracs and blue wheel spacers with soft 8s. Its missing some badges from the front clip and driver fender after i rebuilt it from a wreck I was in last year. If seen report to the police then here. If youre unsure if its the stolen xj or not there are pink weiners on my frame under the drivers side and on my harmonic balancer courtesy of my friend lol
Case # 21-33153

If its not ok to post here just let me know.
241480938_10216423602981049_8991497057214400968_n.jpg

Thanks for having me. Ive known about you guys for a while, just never stopped by. Anyway,

My 96 xj was stolen in colorado springs on September 3rd or 4th.

It's teal (color code jade) and it has smittybilt xrc front bumper (no winch yet) and rear tire swing and the IRO otk steering kit with jks quick discos. 33" duratracs and blue wheel spacers with soft 8s. Its missing some badges from the front clip and driver fender after i rebuilt it from a wreck I was in last year. If seen report to the police then here. If youre unsure if its the stolen xj or not there are pink weiners on my frame under the drivers side and on my harmonic balancer courtesy of my friend lol
Case # 21-33153

If its not ok to post here just let me know.
241480938_10216423602981049_8991497057214400968_n.jpg

I've been reading the same concern everywhere. Sorry to hear about your stolen ride.

Back