• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BUILD: My 1987 "Wagoneer" XJ Limited

Sunset Chrysler Dodge & Jeep @ 662-226-5124 may have one each. Reference part numbers 56001528 & 56001529.

LLL.gif

FYI since these is some love for the old Wagoneers here I thought I'd post this: there is a someone in my area with a 1986 XJ Wagoneer for sale on craigs list, yes that means the 2.8 V6.
Thing is he wants almost $8 grand for it. He says check the NADA to justify his pricing.
I got sticker shock just glancing at it.

BTW I don't think the 2.8 is a necessary bad motor, a bit gutless and just not a good as the 4.0, but I never could kill mine it was the "bad" version of the motor with at least 200k I put on it.

I have a 1989 Wagoneer Limited. The driver's seat is in pretty rough shape. It was driven for a while apparently with a broken mount, and it has 219k miles anyway.

I know you scored a set of covers, but any guidance on fixing or replacing a badly worn seat?

How about a very worn leather wrapped steering wheel?

It's got the awesome oxblood/cordovan interior.

I have a 1989 Wagoneer Limited. The driver's seat is in pretty rough shape. It was driven for a while apparently with a broken mount, and it has 219k miles anyway.

I know you scored a set of covers, but any guidance on fixing or replacing a badly worn seat?

You are screwed on the steering wheel. I finally just used a slip on cover. The OEM is thick wax under the cover, about 3/8" thick all the way around and a very small metal rim under the wax, about 3/8" thick. The wax will fall apart if you uncover it :(

I found a cherokee with the same trim as my wagoneer. Plan to swap the seat/back only, keeping my electric seat hardware under the seat.

Sunset Chrysler Dodge & Jeep @ 662-226-5124 may have one each. Reference part numbers 56001528 & 56001529.

Have you or anyone with a Wagoneer installed an aftermarket headlight-relay harness to take he power load of the POS headlight switches that never last???? If so where did you find the harness? Part number? The cherokee harness is for 2 bulbs, with different pin styles than the 4 bulb wagoneers. The Cherokee is a 3 pin single bulb. The wagoneers are two pin, with different pin styles so the low beam and high beam can not be swapped by accident.

FYI since these is some love for the old Wagoneers here I thought I'd post this: there is a someone in my area with a 1986 XJ Wagoneer for sale on craigs list, yes that means the 2.8 V6.
Thing is he wants almost $8 grand for it. He says check the NADA to justify his pricing.
I got sticker shock just glancing at it.

BTW I don't think the 2.8 is a necessary bad motor, a bit gutless and just not a good as the 4.0, but I never could kill mine it was the "bad" version of the motor with at least 200k I put on it.

What is the Craigslist link? I'd love to take a look!

Steering-wheels often are on, or come on, eBay. Keep checking!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...p+cherokee+steering+wheel+oem+maroon&_sacat=0

Seat-covers can be repaired at a local Upholstery-shop. If you want OEM material... Try Kevin @ 586-727-2486 @ originalauto.com

Hope nobody minds me asking this here. I need to find a new/another fuse box for my 85 waggoneer. Clutch was leaking and it looks like crap.

Part number J4179458
Looks like it is 1984-1993 which is good, but I'm having hard time finding one in good shape.
Some NOS were cleared out not too long ago. Don't see any around now.

Anyone have a lead on these?

Hope nobody minds me asking this here. I need to find a new/another fuse box for my 85 waggoneer. Clutch was leaking and it looks like crap.

Part number J4179458
Looks like it is 1984-1993 which is good, but I'm having hard time finding one in good shape.
Some NOS were cleared out not too long ago. Don't see any around now.

Anyone have a lead on these?

Did you try these folks: http://www.jwjeep.com/

I plan on using this thread on my 89 Waggy. It looks pretty comprehensive, so thanks for pix and explainations. My beast runs well, but steering is vague. I think trackbar and bushings may be bad, there's 2-3# play in wheel. Who knows until I start picking it apart.
I'll definitely need some front seat covers in tan, but seat controls seem to still work.
I'll keep in touch.
Tom

Me again,
Did you put down any Dynamat under carpets? I'm thinking of doing this, but $$.

I luv83Vettes: sounds as an alternative, but will it smell much being near floor temperature? Price seems righ tho.
I'm also hearing about NOICO stuff.

Back