• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Fixes...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
It seems at every NAC-Fest we always have a few ingenius trail fixes that either get the person out of the woods, or allow them to wheel the rest of the day.

Here was mine:

I tore off a metal valve stem back in Otters on Friday. Chris (Vetteboy) quickly plugged it with his finger while we were scheming where to change it. Keith was standing there just finishing a cigarette, and had an epiphany. He broke the filter off the cigarette, then shoved it into the metal stem. I have this stuff called "Rescue Tape" that is used for patching holes in hoses or fluid lines. It forms a polymer bond when it is stretched and wrapped onto itself. You basically have to cut it off to remove it. I got a piece of that and Chris wrapped it around the valve stem/cigarette filter plug and I wheeled on it the rest of the day.
Otters006.jpg

You can see it better in this pic:
Otters009.jpg

I do run Staun internal beadlocks (hence the reason for the metal valve stems), and this really held it all together, but the tire stayed inflated enough to finish Otters Way and run 16, another great black trail as well.

Any other ingenius trail fixes this time?

DITA got to bend his drag link back in place by strapping it to a tree and hitting it in reverse unitl it was about 90% straight, was pretty funny to watch.

He said it was tracking better on the way home then going out in the 1st place. He had no trouble with it doing 65 all the way home.

He said it was tracking better on the way home then going out in the 1st place. He had no trouble with it doing 65 all the way home.

drag link and the tie rod were bent and yes it drove great and no death wobble

DITA got to bend his drag link back in place by strapping it to a tree and hitting it in reverse unitl it was about 90% straight, was pretty funny to watch.

Video? :D

Back