• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The propaganda continues....

red91

NAXJA Forum User
Good God...wal-mart must spend a bunch of money trying to look good....

"Wal-Mart is also trying to counter perceptions that it provides low-paying jobs and poor benefits..." Chief Executive Lee Scott said on Wednesday.

oh really....

Unaffordable and unavailable healthcare. While 66 percent of employees at large firms like Wal-Mart receive health benefits from their employer, only 41 to 46 percent of Wal-Mart employees do. In 2002, Wal-Mart adopted new policies that force employees to wait longer before having enough tenure to qualify for benefits.
Wal-Mart has also shifted more of the cost for health care premiums onto its workers. Wal-Mart even encourages its employees to seek charitable and public assistance for meeting their health care needs. A UC-Berkeley study found that California taxpayers subsidized $20.5 million worth of medical care in that state alone.

Cheap junk ?

Not really.

red91inWA said:
Good God...wal-mart must spend a bunch of money trying to look good....

"Wal-Mart is also trying to counter perceptions that it provides low-paying jobs and poor benefits..." Chief Executive Lee Scott said on Wednesday.

oh really....

Unaffordable and unavailable healthcare. While 66 percent of employees at large firms like Wal-Mart receive health benefits from their employer, only 41 to 46 percent of Wal-Mart employees do. In 2002, Wal-Mart adopted new policies that force employees to wait longer before having enough tenure to qualify for benefits.
Wal-Mart has also shifted more of the cost for health care premiums onto its workers. Wal-Mart even encourages its employees to seek charitable and public assistance for meeting their health care needs. A UC-Berkeley study found that California taxpayers subsidized $20.5 million worth of medical care in that state alone.

Cheap junk ?

Not really.
I only shop there if I must. Otherwise I will bite the 31 cents more for some convenience and friendly ENGLISH speaking service.

I do not like Wal-Mart.

It has nothing to do with their scummy way of dealing with workers, their shady real estate practices, their lying to communities to get in, or even their guerrilla retail practice's.

I do not shop there because the stores stink. They smell like human garbage, or specifically the "White Trash" that occupies the stores.

Rev

imma honky said:
I only shop there if I must. Otherwise I will bite the 31 cents more for some convenience and friendly ENGLISH speaking service.

saw one of their employees walking home the other day and he looked like that gothic kid outta the cingular commercial.

UNREAL. They will hire anyone!

red91inWA said:
saw one of their employees walking home the other day and he looked like that gothic kid outta the cingular commercial.

UNREAL. They will hire anyone!
Yeah. Most of the workers at my local wal-marts (we have 2 in 5 miles) either are just plain rude or speakith the ebonics.

Rev Den said:
I do not like Wal-Mart.

It has nothing to do with their scummy way of dealing with workers, their shady real estate practices, their lying to communities to get in, or even their guerrilla retail practice's.

I do not shop there because the stores stink. They smell like human garbage, or specifically the "White Trash" that occupies the stores.

Rev

c'mon now.:rolleyes: It's not only white trash that stinks. Black trash and Mexican trash smell just as bad, but different.

A fart stinks. So does a skunk. However I would rather smell a fart than a skunk.

Unless it's someone else's fart. That's just disgusting.

Dirt said:
c'mon now.:rolleyes: It's not only white trash that stinks. Black trash and Mexican trash smell just as bad, but different.

A fart stinks. So does a skunk. However I would rather smell a fart than a skunk.

Unless it's someone else's fart. That's just disgusting.
I bet you dutch oven yourself at night......
silly goose.

I live in white suburbia and they built a wal mart locally and when I go there i wonder where the people came from? i mean there isn't a black person for miles and I go to walmart and its like i'm visiting the DMV. blacks and mexicans and mullets and such, i'm just confused as to where they came from. Do they drivwe this far just to go to a "nice" Wal-Mart? its strange that when you go into the parking lot you have people with junk everywhere and working on cars in the lots and you look about 200 yards away at the pick n save and its completely different.

i'm not a huge fan of wal-mart but they do offer savings over Target when it comes to stocking up on essentials.

EDIT:
I just read over this again and its reads how I dont want to come off. i have no issues with other races at all its just strange how i'm in a VERY white part of town and when i go to Wal-Mart i'm the minority

Considerin maryland or delaway FORCED them thru legislation last month to provide health care, it's just their way of heading off the other states passing the same legislation...

When we relocated, I wanted to live in a historic mountain mining town like Silverton. Due to job availability and salary schedules I opted for Woodland Park. I was excited when we got here and got settled. A Walgreens has already gone up. As I type, they are stackin' bricks for an Autozone and they broke ground the other day for...Wal Mart. I'm a bit disappointed. They're even supposed to tear out the rodeo that's right in the middle of town and do some shittin' strip mall.

I'm fine with the old timers at NAPA. It's a double edged sword. I don't want the chain businesses here b/c the town seems less romantic to me. But...I know I will have students who's parents will be working at the chains. I like supporting all of the mom and pop shops and don't mind paying more. I guess it's inevitable...urban sprawl. Atleast this town can't grow too much more b/c of the mountains but I know that soon I'll be wanting to downsize from all of the impending hustle and bustle.

haha yeah an Auto zone is going up behind the new Walgreens by me too. it'll be open soon they just hung the sign.

funvtec said:
haha yeah an Auto zone is going up behind the new Walgreens by me too. it'll be open soon they just hung the sign.

Did they hang it from a noose you fawking bigot? :D

They are putting a Wal-Mart in my city, which is going to be within 2-2.5 miles of my house... and right next to the freeway offramp. Great... MORE traffic to come. And there's one 20 minutes away in each direction! Why here?! *is very opposed to walmarts....*

Back