• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear seat headrest upgrade success (used Compass/Patriot HR)

1.21Gugawatts

NAXJA Forum User
Like some of the other family drivers, the little ones heads were above the rear seat.

Reviewed the other rear seat headrest mods. Decided to do my own version using cheap Compass/Patriot headrests and 3D printed stuff I made.

Everything turned out well!

3 minute video on it if you are into head rests!

https://youtu.be/4fmpBSXQOsM

Nicely done.

I appreciate your noting of the blood sacrifice. Many of my jobs seem to require the same, to the extent that I have to doubt the success of a job if there has been no blood sacrifice.

Can you share your files? Of course with the understanding that no one who uses them is to do a better job?

Always interested in the other guy's take, as I always remove mine (they're stock on export models, being a legal requirement in most, if not all, other markets). Smart idea getting ones with holes as obstructed visibility is one of my issues (worse on, e.g. WJ's which have 3) - the other being they're in the way for folding the seat down - & Jeep never thought to provide storage for them, once removed. All a matter of your XJ's primary role/configuration really.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that the internal fittings were already present - so that must be after a certain date.

Yeah, my jdm still had them when I got it, they were a pain to get out. I can't believe the guy carried mail for years with the seat up, must of been a pain.

Nice work and fun video.
Even though I rarely have rear seat passengers, the lack of headrests just looks weird so I hope to eventually do this.

Back