• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear liftgate glass

shizza-my-nizza

NAXJA Member #671
I am guessing the answer is probably no but I was wondering if the rear glass from a 95 will work in my 01? I busted out my rear glass today when I backed into my neighbors generator trailer. Local salvage yard wants $250 for rear privacy glass that won't match my other glass anyway. I already have the glass from my 95 that I chopped up. If it won't work please explain why. The worst part about it all is that I lost all my stickers. I am really bummed about losing my NAXJA sticker.

I doubt it will work. Just from looking through some photos from pervious wheeling trips, it looks like the radius of the corners of the newer glass is MUCH larger than that of the older glass. $250 seems really steep. I got all 3 pieces of rear glass for my 88 for less than $75. After the trouble I went through finding a new sunroof, I'm keeping spare glass on hand in case of random tree attacks. Good luck.

shizza-my-nizza said:
I am guessing the answer is probably no but I was wondering if the rear glass from a 95 will work in my 01? I busted out my rear glass today when I backed into my neighbors generator trailer. Local salvage yard wants $250 for rear privacy glass that won't match my other glass anyway. I already have the glass from my 95 that I chopped up. If it won't work please explain why. The worst part about it all is that I lost all my stickers. I am really bummed about losing my NAXJA sticker.

the glass fits from 84-96. newer body style won't fit.

250 sounds ridiculous! I got one from a 99 hatch, I don't think it has defrost but I'd have to look.I'll take 50$ plus shipping if interested.

hacked, could you check and see about the defrost? That may be a posibility. I am also going to check into getting a piece of lexan.

Back