NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Unibody Jeep Technical Forums > Jeep Cherokee XJ (1984 - 2001) > Modified Tech Discussion
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Modified Tech Discussion Forum for Tech related discussion for Modified XJ's and MJ's.

Old May 14th, 2020, 03:42
NAXJA Member

currie antirock install question

Hey everyone, long time reader of the forums here, first post I think.

I'm thinking about getting the currie antirock setup that's XJ specific. I have a 5in lift with a rustys longarm.

Can anyone tell me how "bendy"or "floppy" the fender panels get once you cut the support bracket off the frame? The install seems straightforward, but that part I'm curious on. I can't find any info on it, and the thread where a guy posted pictures of his install, the pics have vanished.

I have stiffeners but it doesnt look like it would be an issue.

Thanks in advance!
Old May 14th, 2020, 06:43
NAXJA Forum User

Re: currie antirock install question

I just put this on a month ago and have not noticed any changes in the fender. I do have bushwacker flares so that may help with rigidity.

I love the anti-rock btw.... it drives like a completely different vehicle. A bit more body roll on the road but it does not change the way I drive. I can zip through a roundabout just fine. Only if there is a cross-wind do I find I am steering it more. Off-road it is smoother.... In the past I would disconnect and thought it was good. With the anti-rock it is smoother and just helps absorbs large bumps. Of course, off-camber is so much more stable. I no longer need to carry a spare set of shorts. LOL. Hope is works well for you.
Old May 14th, 2020, 16:52
Degenerate Jeeper

I cut through the support on the drivers side years ago to accommodate a steering brace, and recently cut through the support on the passenger side to install an Antirock swaybar. It’s caused no issues at all. On the other hand, I also have Rusty’s steel fender flares, which add stiffness to the upper part of the fenders. Bottom line though, I wouldn’t worry about it at all.
Old May 14th, 2020, 17:16
NAXJA Member

I have the antirock installed, no problems at all with the fenders. I do have notch customs flairs installed as well.
Old May 16th, 2020, 22:12
NAXJA Member

Thanks guys so much for the feedback. I currently have bushwackers myself. I’m gonna pull the trigger on the anti rock, I’m sold!