• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-N-T Boomerang shackles Which way?

DaJudge

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have searched and found conflicting info/pictures. Which way are they supposed to be mounted?
If shackle is shaped like >

Do they go > where the front of vehicleis ->
or < where the front of vehicle is ->

Thanks!

Glen

I think I'm about to add to that conflicting information... but are you sure about the direction? I put mine in with the "arrow" pointing forwards like this(> with the front of the vehicle here-> ) If I had put them in the other way I would have had to arch the spring more just to get them on and I would have lost the room to allow the spring to compress. I thought the point of boomerangs over straight shackles was to allow more flex?

shackleTnT.JPG

IntrepidXJ said:
yes, that is the correct way. i just re-read trrhe post and all that arrow shit messed me up. :confused1
Yeah, the arrows took me a little to figure out, pics are so much easier. :cheers:

IntrepidXJ said:
yes, that is the correct way. i just re-read trrhe post and all that arrow shit messed me up. :confused1

This was before I painted them. The blue paint is a primer and comes off easy, Krylon fusion works great.

Thanks for the pics and the replies. Getting them on today.

Glen

Back