• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-brake / roll control

ROKTAXI

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have experience with their e-brake not holding well? I've got Ford Explorer disc brakes on the back of my '94 (auto) with a D44 . I replaced the e-brake shoes, adjusted, re-adjusted, and adjusted some more. Still wimpy. I've been using "P" as my e-brake but would rather have a good working real e-brake.

My question: I'm going to install a line lock / roll control but was wondering if I should use it on the front brakes? That way I will have 4 wheel e-brakes when I put it in P.

Mostly use it for trails. Not a DD.

My E-Brake on two seperate XJ's with ford 8.8 discs has held solid.

I run Sam Biondo line locks front and rear (two units, 1 switch). They work very well; most of the time that I use them, I am winching someone and have them locked so I can be outside but still 'hold the brake'. They do draw about an amp each, and generate some heat - I would not use them for a long term parking brake, but have had them on for an hour or so at a time with no problems.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SBR-LL/

Never thought about running 2 line locks.... great idea. The e-brakes on the Explorer may work fine, but for some reason when fitted to a D44 conversion they really suck. Might have to do with leverage / pivot points??

I wasn't planning on using it for a "parking brake". It's only for temporary use like what you described.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

Never thought about running 2 line locks.... great idea. The e-brakes on the Explorer may work fine, but for some reason when fitted to a D44 conversion they really suck. Might have to do with leverage / pivot points??

I wasn't planning on using it for a "parking brake". It's only for temporary use like what you described.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

My first was on a d44, the current one is on a d60.

It is probably the way your cables are adjusted?

It is probably the way your cables are adjusted?

I think you're right, but I've been trying to adjust it so they work, but no luck. My friend has the same setup and he has the same problem.

I think you're right, but I've been trying to adjust it so they work, but no luck. My friend has the same setup and he has the same problem.

I seem to recall doing some tweaking to the rod the cables feed into, but I don't remember what. If I get some free time, I'll dig through my photos and see if i have anything of help.

keep in mind line locks dont hold forever. they will bleed off and loose pressure.

Back