NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Other Technical Forums > JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

JeepSpeed, Prerunner and Competition Tech Forum For Discussion of Modications related to Prerunning, JeepSpeed, KOH, Rock Racing, and any other speed based competitions

Old August 18th, 2009, 18:47
NAXJA Forum User

sweep jeep

Ok here we go, usually i am a lurker but what do you guys think for my settup? I have a 4.5 in. lift. old man emu in the front and RE in the rear and i run BOTH swaybars. This is an official chase rig for the the rallys run in the pacific northwest,through rally america and nasa. We go reasonably fast through the woods( witch is a really rough ride) and need to corner well. The jeep has done decent through the years but needs more. I put some RE monotube shocks all the way around but left me with a stiff ride. So here is the question, i have been looking at these fox and king shocks you guys buy. Are they really 350.00 a piece? could i get a set up like this reasonable? want to do shockw/ res inthe front and been toying with going up through the floor in the rear.. What do you guys think im looking at for a budjet build for what i do. Prices and part no. would be nice. i dont jump it on purpose and have stiffend some frame stuff. Here are a couple pics thanks

Old August 18th, 2009, 19:15
NAXJA Forum User

Re: sweep jeep

your jeep is like my god!!!

i dont know if its still going on but you could buy 3 bilstein shocks and get the 4th free.
Old August 18th, 2009, 19:28
NAXJA Forum User

Thank you for the kind words. I really want to step up to the fox or king line. they look beefer.
Old August 18th, 2009, 19:41
NAXJA Forum User

your on CF arent you?

i run fox 2.0 reservoir shocks on mine, i love them. im also not used to them and havent had a chance to tinker around with them a bit to figure out how to adjust the ride. right now they're really stiff, i feel everything.
Old August 18th, 2009, 19:55
NAXJA Forum User

What is CF? and what did your setup run you? lol if it has to do with guns then yes i do have another really bad habbit. i mostly frequent www.northwestfirearms.com

Last edited by nitrospeed; August 18th, 2009 at 20:00.
Old August 18th, 2009, 20:13
NAXJA Forum User

oh no i was talking about cherokeeforum.com.

oh and for the cost, idk, because they came on the jeep. but previous vehicles i ran regualr shocksand they dont really compare. im sure you can find my shocks on ebay or something at a decent price though
Old August 18th, 2009, 22:18
NAXJA Forum User

so does anyone have a recipie for a budjet setup using fox or kink shocks. looked on ebay and found some for 400 to 500 bucks a piece. there has to be a better deal.
Old August 18th, 2009, 22:26
NAXJA Forum User

downsouth motorsports. Fox 2.0 resi, 190 each, free custom valving, free revalve if sent back, and free shipping. I just got mine about 2 weeks ago, ran 760 for all 4 shipped and valved to my liking, your choice of travel
Old August 18th, 2009, 22:29
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrospeed View Post
so does anyone have a recipie for a budjet setup using fox or kink shocks. looked on ebay and found some for 400 to 500 bucks a piece. there has to be a better deal.
Your Cherokee is bad a$$. Now that's a REAL XJ

Keep an eye on the race dezert classifieds and jeepspeed classifieds. Also keep an eye out on the classifieds here on .

I almost lost it with the last picture with the VW (I had a first generation Rabbit GTI wish I still had it.)
Old August 18th, 2009, 22:31
NAXJA Forum User

can I have your GTI?
Old August 18th, 2009, 22:39
NAXJA Forum User

How bout a pic of the cockpit?

I'd like to see your switch and radio setup.
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:23
NAXJA Forum User

I got my fox 2.0 pro's from Kartek for less than 200 per shock.
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:46
NAXJA Forum User

they could probubly give me the application for the front with a 4.5 in lift but what kind of spec am i looking for in the back if i want to go through the floor. and if i carry 4 people and a bunch of emergency gear in the rear. 2 people 300+ pounds plus 200 in gear. jeep springs are setup to handle this now. and need advise on valving for driving fast through the woods, washboards, loose ruts and gravel.. thanks guys i am grateful.
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:10
NAXJA Forum User

Mine used to be setup for woods style where speeds were around 45-50mph and I was valved at around a 30/10 dual shock app but ran singles, but had tons of body roll at highway speeds, now valved for more wide open 65+ speed at 70/50 front and 50/70 rear
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:11
NAXJA Forum User

Fox 2.0's reservoir are great shocks.I run 10" long front and rear,for through the floor either 14" or 16".With that kind of weight in the rear you will need some custom valving which is no problem.I just got back from western Montana and ran some forest service roads there,it was alot of fun.