• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP30??

ynnhojTJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a HP30 with TJ shafts with 33x12.50 MT's, 4.56 gears, LocRite, and UTurn steering. I would like to run 35's but want to do it right (and the misses would appreciate - inexpensively).:)

What additionally needs to be upgrades from stock? Shafts, Joints, brakes???
Or should I expect no issues with the above set up and 35's??

Thanks

Last edited:
Few questions:
-What type of wheeling?
-Are the 35's going to be heavy MTs, or light ATs?
-Budget?

Without knowing much about the above, I'd say pick up a spare set of u-joints and run what you have until something malfunctions or breaks. At that point in time invest in a set of 4340 shafts or some other axle.

Others may immediately jump to "CTMs/Longfeilds and 4340 Shafts" but if you're easy on that right pedal, you can have some fun and not do to much damage to the HP D30. Granted, thats taking it easy. There are people out there that have done some serious damage on 33s...

Last edited:
RCman said:
Few questions:
-What type of wheeling?
-Are the 35's going to be heavy MTs, or light ATs?
-Budget?

Without knowing much about the above, I'd say pick up a spare set of u-joints and run what you have until something malfunctions or breaks. At that point in time invest in a set of 4340 shafts or some other axle.

Others may immediately jump to "CTMs/Longfeilds and 4340 Shafts" but if you're easy on that right pedal, you can have some fun and not do to much damage to the HP D30. Granted, thats taking it easy. There are people out there that have done some serious damage on 33s...

Rocks and some mud for wheeling. I try to take my time, and am easy with the stupid pedal.
Are there light wt 35s?:) Looking at the 34x10.50 LTBs or MTRs. Definately not ATs.
I have the axle trussed, and skids over the lower mounts also...forgot to mention. The outters are from a TJ, too.
Of course..the cheaper the better...for my sanity sake. Gotta keep the misses happy!!!
Maybe I'll look around for a front 44 before going to 35's. Make it this years project.
Thanks for your quick response.

Im doing the same thing, Ive got the same as you, but with currie steering. Ive searched alot and found many people running 35's with no problems, on the other hand Ive read people breaking things. Im gonna get my 35"s this week, and prolly some new chromo shafts at a later date.

Back