• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Name that location?

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Just got a postcard from a friend....Kind of a game we play to determine where the picture was from. He is now at UC Davis, so I would assume the postcard is of the Northern California area.

Anybody know where this is?
43xzeau.jpg

Yosemite Valley

You probably got a zillion answers already, it's Yosemite Valley.

I went to school at Davis too, and had a Jeepster Commando, went on the Rubicon and lots of other great trails up there.

Yosemite Valley. Possibly Bridalveil Falls:dunno: too fuzzy to tell for sure.

Last edited:
If you can get any clearer, I'll tell you were it is. I grew up next to Yosemite. Spent most of my weekends there playing baseball. My best friends father was the Parks Investigator, alot of crazy stuff goes down there.

Yeah...The picture sucks...picture of a postcard...go figure. My scanner hates me, so thats all I could do. I think I'll go look through some Yosemite websites and see If I can find it there...maybe I'll link it if they don't say where it is under the pic.

Thanks Guys.

I'm gonna go with the moon.

no, you are all wrong. It is in Dundee, KS. looking south from the grain elevator towards the Arkansas river.

Ah... brings back memories of rafting / tubing down the Merced river in the summer time - with chunks of ice floating down the river even in June.
You get numb after about 15 minutes and everything is good after that...:thumbup:

Back