• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hanson Bumpers

TRCM

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had any problems with their front bumpers when winching heavily ?

I noticed they have no provisions for frame reinforcement brackets (they just use the stock mounting points), and when I spoke to them, they said the frame tabs would have to be cut off and rewelded to accomodate them.

Seems silly to me to offer a nice winch bumper with no extra reinforcement to prevent pulling the stock mounting points off.

They used to offer the extra brackets with their front bumper which had to be welded in place once everything was attached. It's a shame they don't consider offering it anymore, their bumpers are top notch fabrication, the exact opposite as mentioned above.

They used to offer the extra brackets with their front bumper which had to be welded in place once everything was attached. It's a shame they don't consider offering it anymore, their bumpers are top notch fabrication, the exact opposite as mentioned above.

I hate to bash on stuff, but if these are the bumpers I'm thinking of, they're crap. I'll go look them up and see if I'm wrong. Sorry if I am. I may be thinking of another company. :rolleyes:

Edit: WOW, sorry about that, I stand very corrected, these are just extremely over-priced! I'd still check out JCR or Dirtbound for some reasonably priced and incredibly tough bumpers. I'll have to see if I can find those crappy / super thin bumpers. I'll report back in a bit, I know they're in the 4WP catalog...

^ Learned to research before opening my keyboard mouth.

OP, You can order tie in brackets from companies such as JCR. I'd also suggest getting their steering box spacer because your factory one will break when you take it out. As for the Hanson bumpers, they are nice but too rich for my blood!

I have pulled with mine a half a dozen times without any issues. I replaced the front two bolt and clips with grade 8 nuts and bolts. The rest of the bolts are grade 8.

I run Hanson bumpers on my XJ's / MJ's well before I worked for them. I've run Johnson Valley and the likes countless times with heavy winching over many years. None of my rigs showed any sign of proclaimed issues.

I have run both with and without the added plating. Hanson now offers a steering box plate. They just added it to the line up last week. http://www.hansonoffroad.com/proddetail.php?prod=XJSB-P

As for the pricing.....well you absolutely get what you pay for with Hanson.

Back