• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Emergency flashers

nismochasse

NAXJA Forum User
I had to use my emergency flashers yesterday and they only worked for several minutes before they stopped flashing and stayed on. I turned them off and back on but it didn't help. After about 30 minutes at Auto Zone trying to fix a brake light problem I had to drive across the street and I turned them on and they worked again. But this time they were only on for about 45 seconds. Does any one know why they stop working like that? Thanks for the help!

What year XJ ?

The flasher module or the multi-function switch is probably toast, buy a new one. Start with the flasher module, they are cheaper.

You didn't say what year, but on earlier models the turn and emergency flashers are the same, so you can swap them to diagnose the problem.

Ah, sorry about that. It's a 2000 sport 4x4. Where is the flasher module? I can't seem to find much info about it.

DSCF5363.jpg

Last edited:
Back