• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trans mount

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 87 mj 2 wheel drive and a peugeot trans i went to the dealer and they said a mount for that mj is $235.00 they said it comes with the sub frame, i said no just the mount that is the only way it comes :mad:, so does any one know of a aftermarket who makes them cheaper and it the dealer right in his price:rolleyes: so what are my choices:arrowl: :arrowr:

Don't go to the dealer for stuff like this. Your local parts store should have that part for you. I replaced my auto tranny mount a few years back. I don't remember how much it cost but it was less than $50. It only took me 15-20 min to put it in.

The Peugot 5 speed tranny mount is an odd bird, and I think it is a dealer only item...and it is pretty expensive compared to the (easy to find) AW4 Auto & AX15 5spd mounts.

Mine was pulled apart on my 89 MJ 4x4... so I drilled two holes through the steel plates & cinched it together with a pair of bolts/nylock nuts. Cheap and sort of quick & easy. Probably added some NVH.

Back