• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drive train swap issue

Lonewolf4799

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently swapping 4x4 running gear and manual trans from a wrecked cherokee into a 2x4 auto cherokee. I took all the drive train off of the old one and had planned on swapping it onto the new one. The donor is an 01, 4x4 with the NV3550 and the replacement is also an 01 but 2x4 with the AW4. I got the NV3550 into place but trying to get the cross member in had been an issue. It doesn't line up in the center AND it seems like the transmission is too far forward... I am not sure what happened as the cross member is from the donor. The mounting holes are right at the end of the transmission housing where that transfer case mates to it. What did I do wrong or need to fix?

Did you try and swap the trans support member end to end? I don't know if I am correct or not. I think the 'center' holes are offset to one side.

Since there is a difference in length of those combinations your framerail may not have the proper nut-cert locations. The crossmembers do have a offset bolt pattern.

How would I go about adding the correct mounting hardware to this set up? Also, the cross Member has a direction on it so I didn't think that was an issue. Also can't figure out why the mount seems like the bolt holes are wrong. I am finding issues getting a hold of the manual transmission mount locally.

I would look for the manufacturers that make a HD crossmember that fits your application.

Back