• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.5" lift with Shackle Relocators

TheCloneRanger

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm about to go all in on a 4.5" lift for my XJ but I'm kinda stuck on what to do for rear leafs.
I bought(and really want to use) a Rough Country Leafspring locator with 1-2inch shackles. But I am worried that with 3.5" Rubicon express leafs it will sit taller than 4.5-5".(really don't want to go taller than 5)
I read that you can't use stock shackles with the RC Bracket, and I can't find aftermarket ones that lift 0", so am I stuck with 2" extra of lift if I use the RC locators?
I can't find any options for a 2.5" or 3" leaf spring that would be the same quality as RE.
Should I just pull a leaf from the 3.5" RE pack? Will I lose much load capacity/offroad performance if I do?
I am building this jeep go fast oriented. it's never gonna be jeepspeed level(or even close) but I want it to be the best it can for what it is.
Would it be worth it to upgrade to IRO 3.5" leafs(can't seem to find much info on these).

pull a leaf. im running 3.5's with iro shackles and ironman relocation brackets and had to throw a 2in spacer on the front springs and it still raked.

In all honesty, I would avoid the rc shackle boxes, when there is alot more out there that are designed better. I went from the rc ones to hd off-road no lift ones and a longer shackle, after the rc ones started ripping the shackle boxes off the unibody.

Is the question a shackle relocation bracket that gives 0 lift? Check out Ironman 4X4 fabrication.

I just installed the exact combo you're talking about except I did use stock shackles. The RE 4.5 coils lifted me about 5 to 5.5" and the back end is sitting an inch to an inch and a half higher. To use stock shackles with the RC relocation brackets I had to trim the two back holes off. My shackle is in the middle hole. The angle is perfect and ride are is as smooth as stock.

Back