• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Eaton E-Locker Models and Availability

OkieXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
XJ '91 4 door 4.0, AW4, Dana 30 / Ford 8.8.

I am ready to buy a locker for my front axle. I have settled on an Eaton e-locker but it appears there are 2 possible models: Eaton 19818-010 and EATON 19818-020.

Summit is out of stock on both and says that 19818-010 is no longer available. Amazon does still have the 19818-010 in stock but no mention of 19818-020. No one else appears to have any in stock. Did Eaton discontinue the 19818-010? I swear, I had it in my cart on Summit yesterday and almost ordered it then and now no longer available. Any info is appreciated.

Summit today shows both costing the same and shipping on May 18.
They appear to be the same part. Eaton's site doesn't list the 19818-010, it may be an old number.
My 2001 has run an E-locker over ten years without problems, it has lasted where the previous ECTED locker wore out within 20,000 miles, and rebuild kits were not available for the first-gen versions.

Thanks for the info. Interesting to hear about the Ected. I already installed one in the rear but messed up the gears so it’s waiting on the e-locker so I can get it I stalled and have them fix my rear gears. I hope they make rebuild kits now! I really like the idea of limited skip all the time with locker capability. I guess that’s why you went with the true trac. I ordered the 010 part number from Amazon since they had them in stock and I didn’t want to wait until the middle of May. I’ll update when I have more info.

Back