• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for opinions on a 2"lift...

shouston

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 Sport that I believe is fully stock. I measured from the center of the hub to the bottom of the flares and it was about 18". Someone on another forum told me this is higher than stock but I am pretty sure no mods have been done to this XJ.

The two I have been looking at are:

Rubicon Express XJ 2" Budget Boost w/shocks/full length AAL
20080914-jufncqjgc86t73mkjr6fgd4543.png

or

Rusty's XJ Cherokee 2" Add-A-Leaf Kit w/shocks/front springs/Full length AAL
20080914-esmbmj7fjcby4iftecmde5cja8.png

Any suggestions or recommendations?

p.s. I know OME would be a better option but it is out of my budget. ;)

I have the RE kit. The only thing have on it right now are my AAL's. in a couple weeks i am finishing it. I hope it rides better without the topped out stock shocks :D I will let ya know how that goes. I would say buy the RE kit. If you buy it from jeepinoutfitters.com they have free shipping. thought i would give ya the heads up

Rusty's sucks....

Go RE! When get my XJ altitude adjustment I will be using the RE BB. It contains everthing my poor XJ needs, literraly. From new shocks (to harsh of ride) to a new rear brake hose......(cause mine is fugly)

Don't do either, buy some 2" lift shackles, front spacers, and shocks. You don't need brake lines, or any of the other BS.

Hell your stock shocks would probably work for quite a bit of what you want to do.
I have read that shackles can flatten out stock springs.

I need shocks. My current ones are almost shot and thought I would use this time to add a lift. I have the wife convinced it is necessary in order to get better quality shocks in the future. ;)

That is pretty high for a stocker. My rear with an AAL now sits at 18.5" and my front with spacers is at 19". Obviously my rear leafs are a little fatigued.

I was looking at the OME kit for my 90xj.....is anyone familiar with these and how they ride on the road

No first hand experience here, but from all the reading I have done on the OME kit, they are the best on-road riding system. Expensive though.

I have read that shackles can flatten out stock springs.

I need shocks. My current ones are almost shot and thought I would use this time to add a lift. I have the wife convinced it is necessary in order to get better quality shocks in the future. ;)

I've ran a 2" AAL and spacer since last November on my DD and it's great. Flex is OK, nothing amazing at only 2". Don't buy a full spring for the front. You'll regret it later when wanting to go higher, You could use those spacers later. And I've been running stock shocks at 2" aswell. No bad results and a firm, but nice ride.

Get 2 inch spacers. Rebuild your packs per Fitch's website. Get a dodge ram rear brakeline if you're worried about it (your stock shocks will bottom out before you brakeline though). At 2" you really don't need new shocks unless you want to revamp your ride quality. All in all maybe $70 after you include some beer and PBblaster.

Mine went:
Spacers-$40 (most expensive part!)
Leafs-$10
Ram Brake Line-$5

Edit: Hahaha I just realized they say clearence for 30x9.5" tires... Those fit stock.

Don't do either, buy some 2" lift shackles, front spacers, and shocks. You don't need brake lines, or any of the other BS.

Hell your stock shocks would probably work for quite a bit of what you want to do.
I ran mine for a few years on 3" spacers and 1.5" shackles on stock shocks. Even flexed it out pretty good with no sway bars and no complaints.

I was looking at the OME kit for my 90xj.....is anyone familiar with these and how they ride on the road

I have been running OME 2" kit for 6years with no complaints.
A couple years ago I boosted it to 2.5" and am now running 33x10.5's with a bunch of armour. When the time come to purchase new springs/shocks, I will replace what I have with identical OME parts.

That is pretty high for a stocker. My rear with an AAL now sits at 18.5" and my front with spacers is at 19". Obviously my rear leafs are a little fatigued.
Is the XJ "Sport" the new "Up country"? That would explain the extra tall stock ride height of the OP.

Back