• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

0331 to 0630 head conversion question

MNJeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so my 0331 head cracked Cherokee and I replaced it with a 0630 head.

its seems after reading all the forums and engine specs the two things that are different are the spark plug coil strip and the exhaust ports.

So does anyone make the brackets to hold up the coil strip? Or can someone link some pictures.

And is there really a difference in the exhaust ports that I need to worry about. I gone through a lot of info and some say no change is needed and some say the exhaust ports need some sort of bracket. And if it does need a bracket does anyone make one?

Thanks

Ok so my 0331 head cracked Cherokee and I replaced it with a 0630 head.

So does anyone make the brackets to hold up the coil strip? Or can someone link some pictures.

here are the brackets that i made
https://driven2services.com/staging/naxja/xf/index.php?threads/937214/

And is there really a difference in the exhaust ports that I need to worry about. I gone through a lot of info and some say no change is needed and some say the exhaust ports need some sort of bracket. And if it does need a bracket does anyone make one?

Yes, exhaust ports are different. You will need a manifold and gasket from 97-98 to bolt up to your 0630 head. I had a shop to tie all the exhaust together. Its just not that easy to find drop-in replacements that bolt up to so many different parts. . . manifold, cat, downpipe, etc (especially if you have the 4 O2 sensor california setup, i did not)

Here are my notes from replacement. 5000 miles later, and so far, so good.

https://driven2services.com/staging/naxja/xf/index.php?threads/935856/

hth,

ixj

Back