• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking what appears to be tranny fluid

robhurlburt

NAXJA Forum User
Went wheeling all day sat and had zero issues. Get on the highway to head home and the guy behind me gets on the radio and says i am blowing tons of smoke and tells me to pull over immediatly because i blew something. Pull over and I am dripping some transmission fluid directly on the exhaust that goes right under the bellhousing of the transmission and the back of the motor. Limp it home, wipe everything clean, and check fluid level. Go out wheeling the next day (i noticed no leaking fluid throughout the night) and same thing happens. Bone dry all day until i hit the blacktop, the bam, a huge cloud of smoke.

I took some pics and will upload them later. Any ideas on where i could be leaking from?

only thing thats left is the line itself... and everytime ive had a line issue, it's dumped ALL THE TIME. the intermittant (under highway load, especially over a pass, hill, etc) usually causes the extra pressure to piss outta the quick disconnects.... but if you say it's dry, thats quite odd.

where do you have the tell tale residue on the exhaust? that'll show you were its hitting.

IT COULD be up front, at the radiator, but that'd leave fluid all over the motor/suspension, and leave a nice drip up front while it's parked...

here r some pics, maybe this will clear it up a bit

P6260382.jpg

P6260381.jpg

P6260380.jpg

P6260379.jpg

Back