• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stiffen Leafsprings without more lift.

xCWolf

Bring the Boom
NAXJA Member
I just want to confirm something I'm curious about as I'm having trouble finding the answer on google.

I should be able to add a "helper leaf" to my spring pack and it will stiffen up the suspension under load (like if I have a bunch of stuff in the back it won't sag as much) and won't lift the truck anymore right? I'm happy with the amount of lift but it tends to sag If I fill up the back with a bunch of stuff.

Thanks!

Most of the helper springs I've seen are designed to work with stock springs, the arch won't be correct if you're running much lift. Other than that, yes...they add capacity without adding lift. Ive had pretty good luck with air shocks, but then you have to adjust air pressure if you load/unload/hitch a trailer, etc.

The addition of any leaf is going to give some lift but i would try an xj main leaf with the eyes cut off. Minimal lift and it will support the exisitng main better

If you're trying to stiffen it up without adding height, look for another leaf the approx length and arch of your main leaf, and add it to your pack.

What leaf pack are you running now?

If you're trying to stiffen it up without adding height, look for another leaf the approx length and arch of your main leaf, and add it to your pack.

What leaf pack are you running now?

Rancho 1.5" lift leafs (they really give about 2.5" of lift) and 2" lift shackles.

Yeah I'd look for like an S10 pack and move just the main leaf over cut to the length of your main leaf. It would give you maybe .5" but add load capacity.

Back