• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Transport to Chicago, IL

ZJeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Y'all,

I have recently relocated to Chicago from So Cal and had to leave my Jeep behind. Long story short. I rebuilt the motor and dropped it in right before I had to move. Still has a few kinks to work out and I didn't have the time to figure it out beforehand so I drove my other car out here.

Now I need to get my Jeep from So Cal to Chi-Raq. Technically it runs but can't be driven as the Cam needs to be broken in and has a timing / knock issue that needs to be sorted as well.

The car is currently sitting at my Moms shop in Cypress, CA. Anybody want to take a road trip to Chi-Town and trailer my Jeep here? I've got an XR650l that would love to hitch a ride as well... Or maybe you know a reasonable way to ship the car here? Most quotes I have received are absurd.

Let me know if you have any ideas. I'm sort of thinking I should just light it on fire... maybe flame thrower... but I just rebuilt the motor and I have had the thing for 15 years. I really do want to keep it around. Love that car.

Thanks!
-Zach

Back