• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skwerly's '78 Ramcharger 440: Slow Build

Yeah, life has away of changing perspectives and priorities for sure. My rig is ready to go, yet it sits in the shop and not in the dirt. Hoping that changes soon too. Kid is almost 19 now, in college and doing his own thing now. The wife and I are getting to spend more time together (which is actually a good thing) and she's not letting me sale the XJ, so hopefully we'll get out more soon!

Go, wife! Haha, Kim isn't keen on me selling mine, either, so I guess I'll get it going and paint the blamed thing, maybe. The most important thing for me at the moment is to pare down, get rid of dead weight.

Yeah, I hear ya'. I've been thinning the herd lately myself. Trying to get all the other projects moved further ahead. Of course if I sell everything then problem solved.

100%. I'd like to sell just about everything and put all the money into one good thing. One day I'll realize my dream of having a first-gen Cummins pickup. Mmmm, Dodge diesel.

b13033ea8bea184527a4cdc59254879d.jpg

OMG, I had a hip replacement since you started this crap. I mean come on man. LOL. Nice to see you are still around, hope to be wheeling with you soon.

I would think by the time you get one of them done you can dig me up and we can go.

Now that's funny, Right.
Pop into chat someday.

No need to dig you up Scott, once you turn back into the dirt (which you are older than) we'll just scoop you in a box and strap you to someones Jeep.

No need to dig you up Scott, once you turn back into the dirt (which you are older than) we'll just scoop you in a box and strap you to someones Jeep.

Dirt in a box? Boy my cat will love that.

Noah sure likes his '04 Dodge Cummins. Well, maybe not right this second, as he's going to have to change the trans shift solenoid. they are nice rigs.

David Bricker / SYR

That is why you need the manual version.

Then you just have to deal with wasted synchros because the previous owner couldn't understand why they needed to pay $80/quart for gear oil.

That is why you need the manual version.

Then you just have to deal with wasted synchros because the previous owner couldn't understand why they needed to pay $80/quart for gear oil.

Haha. Yeah, Noah would have love to have a manual, but the deal he got on this, he couldn't pass up.

David Bricker / SYR

Back