• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sensors

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 90 xj with a 4 liter and the aw4 auto tranny and i was wondering if anyone knew all the sensors that are on the block and then there is a small screw like sensor that is located on the head...if i am not mistaken there were two that we pulled from the block itself and one has wires and a plug attached and the other i dont know because it is now broken...any help would be appreciated, thanks

On the head -- I'm assuming that you're talking about the temp sender that's on the top of the head on the manifold side of the behind the #6 exhaust port ?... it's a little screw-in looking thing (ahas a stud-type connection tha accepts only one wire)

On the block...?

on the driver's side (right side when looking from the crank end) there's qty=2 sensors. One, with a connector that looks like it belongs on a fuel injector, is the knock sensor (not present on HOs) it's hole is kind of a "dead end" having no fluid behind it - supposed to listen to crank noises by monitoring a jounrnal. The other sensor on that side is the CTS (Coolant temp Sender) it's where the ECU watches coolant/engine temp. it's bore runs into the coolant jacket.

On the other side of the block there's no real fitting for anything directly, but the Oil Pressure sender/switch is pretty close to the oil filter mount...

yeah, i have replaced my oil sending unit. the two i am referring to are probably the ones you mentioned, and you are correct about the one on the head, i figured thats what it was but wasnt sure...thanks for the info man, have a good one

Back