• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

could this be an aal sag solution

92xjproject

NAXJA Forum User
im going to be putting a rc 4.5 aal kit on my jeep and i wonder if putting an overload spring from the parts store wld help prevent this sag can this be done if not what would be the issues

Honestly, your best bet would be to hold off on the lift until you get some full spring packs or build some bastard packs. When I ordered my 4.5 from RC they had to back order the full packs. I needed the jeep drivable sooner, so I had them send me AAL's in the mean time. They sagged before I ever drove the jeep. By the time I got to Denver (from CT) with two people and 500lbs In the jeep, it was sittting at stock height in the back, and it didnt really recover once the weight was gone. My experience with AAL's was terrible, and Ill never use them again, there are many other people who will say the same on here.
That being said, you might do a little better with some overload springs, but I would say spend a few bucks and get the full springs. Its not a job thats worth doing twice.

Lightfoot

No way I would ever touch a 4.5" AAL. I had a 3" AAL and it rode stiff as hell. Save up a few bucks and get some full packs, it'll be much better all around in the long run. Actually, get 2.5" packs, a 1" shackle, and shackle relocation boxes to net your 4.5" lift. It'll ride and flex much better.

which spring from the s10 pack wld i use with shackle provided in the kit to give me the 4.5 inches

search for "bastard pack" on here, or go to google and type "naxja bastard pack"

Essentially you are cutting the spring eyes off the s-10 pack, then throwing the entire pack under your main leaf.

Back