• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flowtech vs Banks

sandfreestyle

NAXJA Forum User
Been looking to redo my entire exhaust system with all 2.5" piping and to possibly change out my 15 year old Banks header. I've already had to re-weld the header twice due to cracks and what not. Been looking around and saw that Flowtech has a header with larger 1.625" primary tubes and a 2.5" collector vs the 1.5" primary tubes and 2" collector on the Banks.

Anyone have any experience with the Flowtech header? Prices are about the same and both have their ups and downs.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/big-92001-1flt

Well I don't know what model you have but the Banks Revolver is considered the best for the motor.

BTW, the Revolver has a 2-5/8" collector. I did a full 2-1/2" system on mine.

The ads are wrong!

I have a 2001 XJ and over the weekend I found my OEM header is cracked. Should I just get it repaired or replace it. Willing to spend some money on a new header but don’t want to go crazy expensive either. Is there a decent replacement out there. The whole exhaust system in a hole is in really good shape.

Since you have a 2001 you don't have a lot of choices. I have a Federal Emissions 2000 running a -98 Revolver because I don't have the pre-cats, so Russ ported my head to match the Revolver.
P1080516_zpsybaiiwn0.jpg

I think that is the OD of the pipe, the actual flange id and gasket are 2-5/8".

Back