• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to iPad.. USB adaptor?

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
Just got an ipad2 non-3G. Is there a way to use my USB net card that I have with my laptop?.. :wave:

usb net card, no. i get that question alot since i work at verizon. if you had a hotspot (like a SCH-LC11) you can connect to that like normal wifi. pretty much the reason being that you have to install software via cd or internet, and theres no CD drive or USB on the ipads) i suggest that if your usb card is due for an upgrade, get a hotspot. lot less hassle.

Last edited:
usb net card, no. i get that question alot since i work at verizon. if you had a hotspot (like a SCH-LC11) you can connect to that like normal wifi. pretty much the reason being that you have to install software via cd or internet, and theres no CD drive or USB on the ipads) i suggest that if your usb card is due for an upgrade, get a hotspot. lot less hassle.
I have heard i can get a MiFi "router" for the USB card and get internet that way?

Just upgrade to a hot spot. Agree, it is a lot less hassle and you can use it for more than one device. Routers that can be configured to use a 3G card are crazy expensive and are mostly used for businesses anyways.

Just upgrade to a hot spot. Agree, it is a lot less hassle and you can use it for more than one device. Routers that can be configured to use a 3G card are crazy expensive and are mostly used for businesses anyways.

Do they have hotspots that accept external antennas yet? The reason I got my USB stick was the external antenna (4" mag mount). I've picked up working internet in many unlikely places with that setup.

The problem is, my wife works for comcast, so I get the "comcast to-go" for close to free. So I'm trying to stay with this device, as it still works with my windows laptop perfectly!

Back